Ceiling Fan Replacement

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
DW and I have found a fan at Lowe's that would be sweet looking in our Big Horn.

My question is that has anyone replaced their ceiling fan with a aftermarket like a "Hunter" brand or does anyone know of a reason not to? I thought I would ask before I take down the factory fan to see how it is installed and check the weight.

Thanks and Happy New Year.

dbbls59

The ceiling fans in these things are pretty much useless because they are mounted so close to the ceiling. Air can not circulate between the fan and ceiling so they do not move much air. I would not replace one.

Niles

We replaced ours, because the blades sagged and got caught by the slide and broke it. We did use a hunter fan for a replacement and it is mounted just like one in the sticks and bricks. Just be careful when buying a new one for two reasons how low does it hang and fan blade size, if you get two big of a blade it will be a issue with slides, we have to have ours just right to bring our slide in or else we do the same as the old one and break blades. With all that said replacing it was a breeze. Good luck,

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
DW and I have found a fan at Lowe's that would be sweet looking in our Big Horn.

My question is that has anyone replaced their ceiling fan with a aftermarket like a "Hunter" brand or does anyone know of a reason not to? I thought I would ask before I take down the factory fan to see how it is installed and check the weight.

Thanks and Happy New Year.

You might want to measure the spacing you have over the slides and then measure the drop on the blades of the Hunter fan you're looking at. I have a Concord fan here in my den, and the drop on the outer tip of the blades is 10". But, the trailer fan is mounted in a recess, so it might work.

We use the ceiling fan in the rig. After I reversed the rotation (switch on housing), it works well enough to circulate the air in the rear of the trailer.

Westwind

We use our fan to move the cool air around and the heat when we need it, last year which was our first time in the trailer we had about 5 days and nights (38 for one night) and with the fan and fireplace heater we were able to keep ourselves very comfortable. We had the furnace on but it came on very little, at night we shut the electric heater off and used the ceiling fan and furnace. We stayed nice and cozy.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
We have a little different situation with our slides. Our BH is the 3855FL. I'm gonna do som measuring and make sure. The kitchen is the only fan and has only one slide. I think you can run the fan with the slide in. I'd go look but it's nasty outside and I'd have to put my wet weather gear on (yeah I'm lazy like that). LOL. not gonna complain we need the rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
FYI Home Depot sells replacement blades just in case you break one like we did. Bought the replacement blades and replaced the broken one and was back in business. Just check the blades periodically to make sure they are tight. Ours had loosened up, probably due to vibrations of travel.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
FYI Home Depot sells replacement blades just in case you break one like we did. Bought the replacement blades and replaced the broken one and was back in business. Just check the blades periodically to make sure they are tight. Ours had loosened up, probably due to vibrations of travel.

Haven't had a problem yet with the Bighorn, but, I put blue loctight on the blade screws when we had the Sundance. They came loose often but the thread lock fixed the problem.