Carpet and 3670 and 3600 BH

pickuphunt

I presently own a BH 3670, When I purchased it I was upset to see that when the door slide closed in that the carpet was 'scrunched' against the cabinet base. I wrote a thread to the company saying that, "Upon inspection and seeing the carpet was scruched, QC should have said,'WOW, that's not right'" and had the cabinet remade to have a deeper toe kick." Well, I am considering buying a new BH 3670. I looked a one on the lot, and sure enouigh, the carpet is still being scrunched. I will not buy another BH 3670 or 3600 unless that is taken care of. How simple is it to have the toe kick moved back another 2". I'm sure the engineering people can take care of that.
I am impressed with the upgrading being done in the past year. Moving the cable/satalite hook-ups up so water doesn't drip on them, the drop frame puts you way ahead of the Montana group (for now). The winterizing access from the outside instead of having to crawl behind the wall. Execellent, NOW FOR THE CARPET AND THE TOE KICK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gary Knudson
Austin MN (Home of SPAM, the good kind -- Yes there is a good kind)

jpmorgan37

Pickuphunt;
We've been living in our Landmark for almost two years and the carpet on the doorside slide "scrunches" up everytime you put the slide in. When you put the slide out, it lays flat in a few minutes and has not ever created a problem. I don't see where it is a problem and the cabinet base needs to be large enough for stability. I sure don't want to see the toe kick on the cabinet increased and have the cabinet rocking around while we are going down the road. JMHO

K

Ken Washington

Pickuphunt,
That's one thing that I don't like either and I do not think two inches would solve the problem! What we do is set the chairs on it for a while and problem solved! I would not let this keep me from having the unit that I wanted!

Ken

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I have to agree...we have the 3600 RL and "scrunching" of the carpet does not seem to be an issue. It flattens out in a matter of minutes and doesn't seem to any worse for the wear. I think the engineers need to attend to more pressing issues, i.e., plumbing, tires selection, etc....

Scott

Actually, it is our engineering department that told sales that they either have to make the island cabinet area smaller, or live with the carpet scrunching/flattening out - because any deeper toe kick will cause the cabinetry to be too unstable.
FYI

ST