New Member, Hello Forum - considering Cyclone

Jv75353

Just registered today. We are planning on purchasing new Cyclone 4000 (current front runner) and TV this year. Have been reading the forum for a couple of months and it is an excellent source of information and helpful people. I will be asking for advice as we move towards purchasing our first Heartland product. We are also looking forward to attending some of the jamborees.

jimtoo

Re: New Member, Hello Forum

Hi Jv75353,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully soon to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information as you have found.

The Cyclone is a great unit and there are a lot of them on the road. So if you have any questions, just ask as our family members will help in any way they can.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

danemayer

Hi Jv75353,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Looks like you're already familiar with the forum and have probably also noticed that there are a lot of people here who are willing to share what they've learned. And yes, we do like to get together at rallies. Hope to see you joining in the fun soon.

bimmy

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully soon to the family.

porthole

Retired
Can't go wrong with a Cyclone if you are looking for a toy hauler. And as long as you are looking for a TV to go with it, you may as well get a 55"

Just kidding about the 55" (well not really, but.....) personally i would seriousley consider starting in the 1 ton DRW's arena for a TV for that trialer.

Last edited:

oscar

personally i would seriousley consider starting in the 1 ton DRW's arena for a TV for that trialer.

Welcome..... I am one step ahead of you and just got the Chevy 3500 DRW with the diesel in anticipation of hanging a 4100 or 415RW on it....

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Welcome to the forum from a Cyclone owner! I'm sure you'll love a Cyclone as much as we love ours.
Just want to remind you that other towing options on the vehicle may be desirable besides just DRW, especially since you are looking at a heavier rig. Yes, you will lose some mileage with a higher gear ratio but the reduced strain (particularly if you will be towing in mountains) will be worth it. The additional cooling offered with towing packages will also contribute to a long life of the vehicle.
You aren't scrimping on your rig so don't scrimp with the tow vehicle!

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
Those are two floor plans that you cant go wrong with, the 415 is the #1 selling Road Warrior floor plan and the 4100 is quickly becoming the #1 Cyclone floorplan.

Jv75353

Thanks for the TV input. We currently have a 2003 7.3l F350 CC DRW shortbed that won't have the CGVWR that we would need for a big Cyclone. We are researching diesel DRW F350's and 3500HD's, need to check them out in person. How do you like your F350?

Jv75353

We really like the 4000 floor plan and would like feedback on this unit from any current owners. Please provide your likes, dislikes and any other information you may care to share.

What options do you have? What options do you feel are definitely needed - vs- those that are nice to have?

I have seen an option called "Canadian Arctic Package" on some web sites, but not on the Heartland site. Any information available on this package would be helpful.

Jv75353

We just bought the 4000 Elite about 3 weeks ago and love it! I travel for work and me and my family live in it full time. Made the garage into my 8 yea old sons bed room.

AJJONES

Congrats on your recent purchase and welcome to the Heartland family!!!! That is a great floorplan and is becoming a HUGE hit, it is going to do very well this show season.

Jv75353

Congrats on your recent purchase and welcome to the Heartland family!!!! That is a great floorplan and is becoming a HUGE hit, it is going to do very well this show season.

We have not purchased a unit yet, last post was could have been worded better. We have narrowed our search down to Cyclone models 4000 and 4100, with the 4000 model currently being the front runner. Our next steps are to see both models in person armed with a tape measure and a list of questions then plan a visit to the Heartland factory. After completion of these steps we will be ordering our new toy hauler! Looking forward to being members of the Heartland family!!

DW_Gray

Welcome the forum from another Cyclone owner. Great product and great company to work with. I've had my share of problems at the beginning but not with Heartland. More than anything, I recommend two things. 1. When shopping, take another experienced RVer with you or a least one time before the final decision on a purchase. 2. During the PDI, again take another RVer with you.
That may be a little extreme to some, but that's my first buying experience speaking.

Ford F350 is good, but be careful to get the right model. Be sure the 2013 model has the 3.73 axle ratio. Any other model will be to light for the 4000 or 4100. The 3500s are a little more straight forward and will be fine. Personally, I'm Ram Truck fan. The 2013 Ram 3500 is going to be tough to beat, that is if they every get it the showroom floor.

Arctic Package? Seems like I read somewhere you have to order that by special request before the build. I could be wrong.

If haven't done so, join the Club and get some additional benefits.

AJJONES

Well let us know when you would like to come to the factory and we will get you an appointment for a plant tour. It is really an experience when you get to watch the units being built as they go down the line. Look forward to seeing you in Elkhart IN soon.

Ok so the cyclone delivers next week. Now what? Just kidding. Man I really don't know where to start other than find a destination hook up and go. Hope I don't dork anything up. Reading some of these posts helps but dog gone there's a lot that can go wrong. Look forward to the ride. Thanks jayc for the welcome