Water run off

jrlebaron

If this is posted in the wrong area maybe Jim can move it to where it will be most read. This is for all that have an island sink or free standing one. DW was having problems with water running from the faucet to the carpet below. My simple fix was to buy a towel bar that matched the faucet, cap the ends with a bolt that I painted and siliconed the piece to the counter top making it a fix that doesn't have to be permanant. If I did this right there should be two pics attached. If no pics I'll probably need some help.
Jim

Attachments

• DSCF0068.JPG
    DSCF0068.JPG
    313.7 KB · Views: 94
  • DSCF0069.JPG
    DSCF0069.JPG
    314.2 KB · Views: 62

HappyKayakers

Jim,
Looks like a nice dam but I would be concerned with more water leaking where I can't see it. We have no water leaking out of the base of the faucet. Ours is also an island. Have you checked under the sink to make sure all the fittings are tight?

jrlebaron

Joe this is not a leak problem. When DW is washing dishes water from her hands touching the faucet runs from her hands, down the faucet, to the counter top onto the floor. This is just an easy fix that keeps the water off the carpet.

jpmorgan37

My dog lays on the floor on the back side of the sink and lets me know when water comes over the top. I happen to be our dish washer and sometimes I get a little sloppy.

John

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
jpmorgan37 said:
My dog lays on the floor on the back side of the sink and lets me know when water comes over the top. I happen to be our dish washer and sometimes I get a little sloppy.

John
Sue! How lucky can a girl get?:p

jpmorgan37

Thirty one years of training and it's paying off for her now. Don't tell her I said this, but I have the best end of the deal. She cooks, I eat.NoneNoneNone

John