Our first real trip!

mowillie

So after picking up our MPG183 over thanksgiving break and sleeping in it in Gramas driveway, we got to take it out for ready. Xmas day the boys unwrapped sleeping bags, camp chairs and toys, then we hit the road. Two different Texas State Parks in five days four nights. We all had a ball....cold, but fun. Cant wait to do it again. Coming home was a little scary due to some unexpected wind gusts.

Attachments

• 20121227_173106.jpg
    20121227_173106.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 104

oldmannj

Quite a crew you have there !!! The kids look like they're having fun as well as the dog. I wish you many many happy memories in your new TT. ED

pegmikef

Nice setup. What park was the picture from. We have camped in many TX state parks and I couldn't pick it out. Also, don't overlook Corps of Engineer Parks. There are many here in Texas and they are competively priced with and maybe a little cheaper than state parks. The link is http://www.recreation.gov/ for these and other national camping areas. Enjoy your travels.

mowillie

Nice setup. What park was the picture from. We have camped in many TX state parks and I couldn't pick it out. Also, don't overlook Corps of Engineer Parks. There are many here in Texas and they are competively priced with and maybe a little cheaper than state parks. The link is http://www.recreation.gov/ for these and other national camping areas. Enjoy your travels.

Thanks for the info. That was at Inks lake state park.

pegmikef

Inks Lake. That is a really nice park. We camped there for years and then just once last year. One of our Heartland ambassadors (jayc) just did a stint there work camping. A really nice area.

mowillie

Pegmikef,
We liked it, but i could see it getting very crowded and loud during peak season. We tend to like the areas that aee less traveled.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Welcome! Another Texan! great! Glad you're enjoying the Texas State Parks. We really like Tyler State Park, near Tyler, Tx. Palo Duro Canyon State Park is another great place to visit.

Be sure to join other Texans at the Chapter Rallies coming up soon in Mongomery and Santo!

Erika

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We just left there and I'm sorry we missed you. We camped several times there and when we got a chance to park host there, we took it. We'd love to see you at one of the Texas rallies this year.