Nervous Black Cloud

Westwind

Not that I have to worry, but I'm glad we bought our 2012 Bighorn in the summer of 2011. This progression to an electronic device "The Computer Pad" that controls lights, jacks, slide outs etc makes me real nervous. Is there a backup way to operate those items if the pad or system fails? I've started to read on this forum people who are having problems with them. I use a cell phone, laptop, and they do not have a backup, but on the trailer you can't afford to be comfortable with the slide outs working and can't set up if you can't get the jacks to deploy. I understand that a external light switch has been eliminated and you control them now from the pad.
Is there a backup if this Fails?

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Everything but the step light has a maual switch/button to operate it with.

Not that I have to worry, but I'm glad we bought our 2012 Bighorn in the summer of 2011. This progression to an electronic device "The Computer Pad" that controls lights, jacks, slide outs etc makes me real nervous. Is there a backup way to operate those items if the pad or system fails? I've started to read on this forum people who are having problems with them. I use a cell phone, laptop, and they do not have a backup, but on the trailer you can't afford to be comfortable with the slide outs working and can't set up if you can't get the jacks to deploy. I understand that a external light switch has been eliminated and you control them now from the pad.
Is there a backup if this Fails?

K

karykatz

for20hunter is correct. all functions except entry step light have manual switch to operate the functions on the remote.

I hope this helps.