Olevia remote code

ChopperBill

I have Direct and there is a section in the set up menu for the code to set up the remote. Simple as pie. I figure most have this menu or its in the owners manual.

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
Where do you get the owners manual the only thing we received was a fold out sheet?
Is says to go on line an print your own.If you can figure out the model.
Regards
Wayne

ChopperBill

I dont know where you can get one if you didnt get one with your receiver. Ours came with one as thick as the New Testament.

ChopperBill

Just looked at our latest manual and it said to go to the set up screen and go to the remote set up menu. Take in the fact this is a manual that came with a receiver that we have not hooked up.

soilmovers

Olevia remote code?

The Dish remote will do everything but adjust the volume and turn off the tv. There are hundreds of units listed in the manuel, except Olevia.

Cindy

ChopperBill

Generally you have a function that will scroll down a sequence, when your model is not listred, and when the TV shuts off you are good to go. Sometimes you can catch it with a few key stokes and others it seems to take forever.

seabee

Codes

I had a Wal mart TV same deal no code for the satelite and no one knows one for OLEVIA what the heck is this about.

jbeletti

Not sure if this is helpful, but it is from the Olevia website:

Q: What remote control code do I use for my OLEVIA TV?

A: For the LTxxxxx series:

You can use the codes listed under RCA, LG, Philips or Yamaha.

For the 3- 5- 7- series:

This line of product is new to the market; STB manufactures have not included our brand in their code list yet. We recommend using a learning remote control for both the OLEVIA TV and your set top box.

Seabee, "what it is about" is that the Olevia brand is new and they just can't compel STB and Remote manufacturers to add the codes. It will happen in time.

STB = Set-Top Box (i.e. cable converters, satellite receivers, TIVOs, external tuners etc.).

geeksrus

Jim Beletti said:
Not sure if this is helpful, but it is from the Olevia website:

Seabee, "what it is about" is that the Olevia brand is new and they just can't compel STB and Remote manufacturers to add the codes. It will happen in time.

STB = Set-Top Box (i.e. cable converters, satellite receivers, TIVOs, external tuners etc.).

Mine says Olevia Series-2... where does this fit in???

RH!

jbeletti

RH,

Give Olevia a call today to find out and please circle back and let us know what they say.

Technical Support, Customer Support and Rebate Status:
1.866-9OLEVIA (965.3842)
Thanks,

Jim