landing gear hydraulic leak

Bobby A

The last few months I've noticed the off door side landing leg is leaking fluid on the foot. It there a seal that needs to be replaced or do they replace the whole leg ?? Is there any danger of a total fail and the leg gives out totally ??

Thank you,
Bobby A

Last edited:

danemayer

You should probably get it checked out.

Also, take a look at the pump reservoir and feel above , below and around the tank for fluid. Check the fluid level with everything retracted and ready for travel. Should be 3/4 to 1 inch from the top.

Might be a leaky hose or valve, or maybe something isn't tight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
We had a leak in the same area. One of the lines had a hole from rubbing where it comes through the side panel. I took it off and had one made at a local equipment dealer.

Bobby A

We had a leak in the same area. One of the lines had a hole from rubbing where it comes through the side panel. I took it off and had one made at a local equipment dealer.

I really can't see/tell where its coming from, I just see fluid on the foot.

Bobby A

You should probably get it checked out.

Also, take a look at the pump reservoir and feel above , below and around the tank for fluid. Check the fluid level with everything retracted and ready for travel. Should be 3/4 to 1 inch from the top.

Might be a leaky hose or valve, or maybe something isn't tight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

O.k. thanks, I will check that, but the reservoir and pump is on the opposite (door side) of the leak.

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
I really can't see/tell where its coming from, I just see fluid on the foot.

I had a hard time also. If your hose is rubbed through you can see that from inside the front compartment. The lines come across at the top. I had to cut a 4" hole in propane compartmert to have access to hose fittings on top of the ram.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Our new rig had a leak in the leg and they didn't repair it. They ordered a whole new leg from Heartland who ordered it from Lippert and shipped it out to our dealer. I don't know if you can't repair the leak or if they replaced the whole leg because it's a new trailer.

Kristy

FARMER45

Ihad a leak , where it came through the side wall I removed the six bolts holding the cylinder on let it slide down enought to get to the hose connections. I took the hose to the local tractor house and had a new heavy duty one made. Took about a hour.

rjr6150

Our LM had a leg leaking contacted Lippert they shipped a new leg out had it replaced by our local mechanic. Lippert reimbursed entire cost. According to their customer service legs not serviceable