Frigidaire Microwave model# CFMV152CLBA

dglatta

Hello! We have a brand new Landmark Key Largo with a Frigidaire microwave/convection oven. While using the kitchen timer on the unit I noticed that the rest of the unit's buttons would not function. In other words, you can cook but not use the timer or use the timer but not use the microwave. I called Frigidaire's customer support line to ask what I was doing wrong. After being put on hold for several minutes while the operator consulted with a technician, I was told that the computer in the unit is not "smart enough" to handle both functions at the same time.:confused: Sigh... Off I go to purchase a kitchen timer. Wow!:eek:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Depending on why you want to use the timer, in some applications you can use it.
If for example you want to microwave on 50% power for 1 minute and 17 seconds you can do that.
If you want to warm your left over steak, and time how long it takes Ruby to smell it and come running, use the timer in your phone.

Peace
Dave

back2nature

Dglatta, I so understand what you are saying. My microwave in my stick house (alas sold) could multi-task and I used the timer all the time while something else was cooking in the microwave. When I figured out that the one in the rv couldn't multi-task I was disappointed. So, I too, use my cell phone timer.

Sent from my cell using Tapatalk2

hriker

We discovered the same issue just last night. My smart phone can time 3 things at the same time with 1 app. Wow you would think it wouldn't be a big deal to be able to allow the use of the microwave and the timer at the same time.

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
New issue for ours. Closed the door to cook something and everything on the touch pad stopped working. Now, it flickers like there's a disconnect in the touch pad to the sensors. Called Frigidaire, they suggested to plug it into a different source. No change. Came on once and stayed. Now, after erratic beeping and 0:00 flashing, it's giving this low hum occasionally and running zero's through all the digits. Not good.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
The good thing about the Frigidaire m/w is that you can contact your dealer and they will contact a repair person near you. You can then set up a service call - at YOUR location. If it can be repaired onsite, it will be. If it needs a part ordered, the tech will order it and return to install. Easy and trouble free for us full timers. The only downside is that you must be in place long enough for the part to be ordered and sent out. We had the same issue with our keypad but had to wait because we moved too often. When we got to a location long enough, they came out and repaired.