Genesis sound

GSGRAPE

I have a 2012 Sundance with the standard Genesis system,the sound quality is very tinny and very treble. We have tried everything asfar as adjustments in the system sound settings. My first thought was toreplace the speakers in the living area and maybe still need to update them.While looking at the wiring diagram I see there are provisions for Subwooferwiring. Can I add a Subwoofer and if so does it need to be powered or is thereenough power from the Genesis. I saw somewhere that Concertone had one thatcould be added. Would it be that simple?<o:p></o:p>

GSGRAPE

I just started to order the sub from your link, but I'm not paying $40 for shipping, that's nuts. I found the same sub at Crutchfeld for the same price with no shipping charges.

Last edited:

BobFields

Sorry I have been traveling and I was going to suggest what you did. Order from Crutchfield as they are a great retail partner and we are just as happy you purchase from them.
Please let me know how the the upgrade goes.
Thanks!

GSGRAPE

Sorry I have been traveling and I was going to suggest what you did. Order from Crutchfield as they are a great retail partner and we are just as happy you purchase from them.
Please let me know how the the upgrade goes.
Thanks!

Thanks for the information on the sub, I did order it from Crutchfield and got it installed. I added a pair of Bose speakers mounted in the tv area and unhooked the ceiling speakers in the living area. The sound is much better. I did have a little problem finding a place to put the sub but sound quality is much better.

Thanks again.

Gary

Rddocatt

I have a 2013 heartland
i got a wyngard satellite and the sound does not work?
i called the trek but he has
not called back

jimtoo

Hi Reddocatt,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm not sure what your asking, but I think your saying your TV satellite sound does not work through the sound Genesis sound system. If this is correct did you hook up the TV audio out to the Genesis sound aux in? It does not come from the factory hooked up to get the TV sound out of the surround system.

Please let us know a little more details about your unit and problem.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

danemayer

Hi rddocatt,

When you hook up satellite, most people hook up the receiver directly to the TV and the TV plays both video and audio. Until you make an additional connection from the TV, or from the satellite receiver, directly to the surround sound, you won't get satellite audio through the surround sound speakers. Fortunately, both the Genesis 2.0 and 3.0 units should have Optical Digital Audio and Digital COAX Audio input connectors. If your TV or satellite receiver has either, you should be able to connect.

In the manuals section of the forum, we've got a guide to making audio connections that illustrates the types of connectors and provides basic guidance. Here's a link. If you need the Genesis manuals, they're also available. Many of the TV manuals are also posted so you can determine what connectors are available on the TV.

VideoGuy3

Connect dish to receiver with coax. Connect receiver to Genesis with A/V cables (red, white, yellow RCA type. Next connect Genesis to TV using A/V cables (same type as used previously). Set "mode"on Genesis to A/V. Mute or reduce volume on TV, tune stations with your satellite receiver and adjust volume on the Genesis. You should be good to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD