RW 305 Kitchen Cabinet

tljack

I was looking underneath the sink in the main cabinet. There is a small storage area. I am thinking about taking that flimsy divider out and building a floor to extent the cabinet and considerably increase storage room.

Has anyone done this? I am looking for suggestions and pointers

Terry

ILH

It has been done on other rigs. Can't recall who did it - but they posted the whole job with pictures. I plan to do the same thing...some day.

jbeletti

Duane (porthole) opened up the under-sink area of his Cyclone. Look for pics in his thread "So it begins...."

porthole

Retired
Yep, opened it up but decided against the added floor. This way whatever I put there slides around less.
I added supports (blocks of 2x4) under the "finished" portion you do see. That trim is rather thin and doesn't do much for weight. I also moved the water lines towards the rear to "open" that space a bit more. Then added a divider going from side to side to help organize the "flat" items. like cutting boards and such.

Here is the thread Jim mentioned;
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/11365-And-so-it-begins?p=93544&viewfull=1#post93544

The divider is not in yet for this picture, as well as not having moved the water lines. Suppose I should do some updating.

sdrubrecht

We did ours also. Decided to build a slide out rack for our pots and pans. We were going to order a door like Duane but DW decided to build a door from some wood we had. We had to move the water lines a little and added a new divider to seperate the plumbing from the rack. Everything is easily removable if we have to access the plumbing. Since the rack slides forward, we had trouble keeping it closed, effect of slowing down while traveling. Normal keepers couldn't keep it shut. You can see our solution in the pics.

Attachments

• clone stuff 1 003e.jpg
    clone stuff 1 003e.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 64
  • clone stuff 1 019e.jpg
    clone stuff 1 019e.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 66

porthole

Retired
Your slide shelf is great and I had every intention of copying/doing the same :rolleyes:

But, I damaged a door inside and the spare door I had was the right one - and I added all my water filters to that wall on the inside.
For those that do the draw slide it will be a great improvement of previously wasted space.

tljack

Thanks to everyone for the comments. I ended up cutting the short partition towards the outer side of the unti in two. I screwed the remaining piece onto the front part of the inside of the cabinet to protect the wiring on the CO2 monitor. I then placed two rubber maid bins in the area. they fit perfectly.