2900MK 16" What Tire for Replacement?

Rookey

Hey everyone. From all I've read, I'm not willing to take the chance with the Mission tires TC-108 (including different name on 1 tire). I like the Michelin Ribs but I don't think they'll fit under the wheel skirts. The current tire size is ST235/80 R16. The Ribs are LT235/85 R16s. If I heard correctly this makes them approx 1" taller? Are they as wide as the 80's?
I'm also considering the Maxxis ST235/80 R16 (same size as current). I've heard they are made in China. However, I had them on my last 5er (Jayco) and they were no problem at all.
Has anyone tried the XPS Rib on a 2900MK? I have an apppointment at America's Tires (Discount Tire) on Monday and we are trying a fit. They said the XPS Rib is by far the best. Thanks for any information.

fishn2dmax

Rookey,

The Maxxis tires are made in Taiwan and have been made their since the begining of Maxxis more than ten years ago. I think the difference between Maxxis and all the other Asia made tries is due to Maxxis directly controlling the manufacturing and quality processes.

No question the Michelin is the best tire on the market for trailers, but my concern is the same as yours......Will they fit in an already tight area, and will the outside tire rub the skirts when in a tight turn?

I would love to replace my "Unicorns" with XPS rips, but I have too many concerns with the extra height ( too tall already) and concerns with rubbing?

Please let us all know how the XPS ribs work out for you and if you can find a size that addresses the concerns.

Good Luck.None

grizzlygiant

fishn2dmax said:
Rookey,

.............No question the Michelin is the best tire on the market for trailers, but my concern is the same as yours......Will they fit in an already tight area, and will the outside tire rub the skirts when in a tight turn? ............

Good Luck.None
Not everyone will agree. I put my money on Goodyear 614's; replaced the Missions immediately on delivery of my BH3400. Exchange cost was $699.

StevieWonder

You can get accurate tire dimensions from The Tire Rack website:

www.tirerack.com

Not to insult anybody's geometrical knowledge but remember a 1" change in the quoted diameter will put the tires 1" closer together since the radius change will be 1/2" on both the front and rear axles, totalling 1".

The website will also list the weight limit and cross section dimension.

denhammkc

1/2" on each side (of tire)

1/2" + 1/2" (on each side of tire) = 1" inch less between the front and rear tire :cool:really?

major

advice on tires

NoneJust Bought A 3300Rl Big Country, I have read several articles concerning tires. Want to start out right, would like any and all advice on selecting and replacing the tires that came with the R.V.
Thanks for your help :):)