honda 3000 remote start?

herefishy

OK, I want to be able to get out in the woods, and have a solar system/honda 2000 to do it with. However, the solar system won't work if we park in the shade, and the generator is too heavy to wrestle out of the trailer and too light to leave in the truck and get stolen, and won't run the a/c. So, we were thinkin' - if we had a 3000 it would run the air conditioner, and we could park in the shade. I think I have read you can have a remote start on the generator, and we had the front compartment vented, so maybe we wouldn't poison ourselves. Does this sound like we are heading the right direction? Put the 3000 in the vented compartment, remote start it, and live in air conditioned comfort in the shade? The only thing I haven't thought much about is a fuel filler.

jnbhobe

I have mine mounted on a rack on the back of the rig, Its bolted and chained down. Works real good there no noise or vibration. I had a Kabota 4.5K in the front compartment, it was noisey and stunk of gas and exhaust.

jnbhobe

Thanks, how did you attach your platform for mounting it?

I welded 2" ID tubes to the frame and set it up like a class 3 hitch. it is very strong. the platform is 6ft wide and about 24" deep, that way I don't have to worry about the extra length when making turns. I have used it for years and the Honda 3K is so quiet you don't know its running.

herefishy

Does this influence the way the trailer pulls? 150 plus the weight of the rack on the back of the trailer? Sounds like the way to go if it would be OK.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Herefishy,

If you plan on upgrading to the 3000 I am in the markert for another Honda 2000 that has the 30amp pairing receptacle on it. If yours has that feature and you are selling PM me and lets talk.

Murry135

jnbhobe

Does this influence the way the trailer pulls? 150 plus the weight of the rack on the back of the trailer? Sounds like the way to go if it would be OK.

With a fifth wheel you wouldn't even notice the weight. Search posts by cookie, he has a rack just like mine and I think he may have pictures on here somewhere.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
No need to search.
I have two 2k Kippor generators and my Weber BabyQ in there.
The rack alone is about 175#, the generators at about 65# each and the grill about 20#.
Like Jon said, you won't even know its back there.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359221447315.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359221447315.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 64
  • uploadfromtaptalk1359221468151.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359221468151.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 60
  • uploadfromtaptalk1359221482111.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359221482111.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 59
  • uploadfromtaptalk1359221512151.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359221512151.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 66

Phatkd

Have you looked into the "Powerhouse" 3100 watt benny w/ remote start? Excellent reviews, quieter than the honda 3000, better wheel and suitcase style handle, and standard remote starter for about 60% of the cost of a Honda. If I upgrade to a larger unit from my Yamaha 2400is I am going to get a "Powerhouse"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKjbFrcyQpo

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Herefishy,
I sent you a Private Message regarding the Honda and 30 amp receptacle. It is model EU2000i, Companion.
Murry135

Last edited: