Stove top cover storage

Cyberdave

The stove top cover is great, adds counter space and makes for a very clean look.

However, it is heavy and bulky and finding a place for it can be a challenge. What if you moved the counter down far enough to put a storage door on right side between the stove & fridge?

It would not only be handy but another feature that could be pointed out to potential buyers. It is the little features that make a difference.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The folding metal cover was missing in our rig when we picked it up, so the saleswoman gave us the wooden cutting board cover. Looks better.

brianharrison

The two piece solid counter top material stove cover is a PITA in my Landmark. I like your suggestion of having a slim door cupboard near the stove to help store it. We store ours under the oven in the wide drawer, first piece top down on a towel, second piece top up so the two do not scratch each other.

Brian

Cyberdave

Our Key Largo has a one piece stove cover of the same counter top material. I don't know when they started doing this in the Key Largo as ours is an August build.
They also changed the back splash to a nice appearing and much heavier one with a tiled look.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Our Key Largo, just picked up at Christmas, has a two piece cover....I just stand them on edge and lean against the tile backsplash when using the stove and then put them back in place when done...

jbeletti

Our Key Largo, just picked up at Christmas, has a two piece cover....I just stand them on edge and lean against the tile backsplash when using the stove and then put them back in place when done...

For a short period of time this year, we went to 1-piece stove covers in Landmark. The feedback from customers was that the one-piece cover was just too heavy and too hard to find a spot to store it. Hence - back to two-piece. I think this was a good move.

Kathy, be careful storing the covers against the backsplash "if" it's right behind the cook top. Once, I had them slide forward while I had a large fry pan on the stove full of food. The weight of the covers slid that pan right onto the floor. Dented the pan and made a huge mess :(

I just move mine to the side of the stove, there is so much counter space in the new Key Largo. Then when finished, put them back in place. Keeps the stove more dust free as well; we are in a dusty area. I'm surprised no one mentioned the sink covers as well. I just left those at our permanent residence. Have never seen a need for them and sinks in use all the time.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Our 2011 Landmark has an open area above the microwave that the covers fit into perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjwink

We have the 2 piece top in our 2011 Rushmore. I store the front piece over the micro and keep the back half in place for a storage area. When using the stove carefully stand it up at the back.

meandg

crawgator
On the stove we have the metal folding cover. We have the two pieces for the sink that we store on top of the stove when we are not using. Sometimes when there are four of us in there we cover one sink for more space. We are not rolling in counter space in our bighorn.

wdk450

On the stove we have the metal folding cover. We have the two pieces for the sink that we store on top of the stove when we are not using. Sometimes when there are four of us in there we cover one sink for more space. We are not rolling in counter space in our bighorn.

Get a 3670RL!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Just for the record, our sink covers get stored in the cabinet under the sink when we're "in residence." The cutting board cover for the stove gets moved onto the counter in front of the "liquor cabinet" when cooking.