2013 NT 30rkdd prospective buyer

Trey_rob

Ok, so this will be my 2nd trailer... i currently have a late 80's model jayco, aprox. 24', no slides, dry rot, leaks, doesn't hold water, etc etc, had it for 2+ years... i understand pretty much anything will be an upgrade.... I stay in my camper 50-75% of the time in any and all weather, rain, snow, sleet, extreme heat, extreme cold. I've had to adapt to live in this camper and keep my expectations low, which hasn't been much of a problem, but I'm ready to have something nicer and not have to worry about the wheels falling off while pulling it down the road... I'm looking at, and already have the money for the 30rkdd.... I would really like to know if anyone has any experience with it? Good? Bad? In oklahoma it gets very hot in the summer, how's it hold up? according to the dealer (who didn't seem too bright) it has a 15k ac, and will do fine... I've already figured out a way to put a 2nd ac unit on it if need be, but would like to know if I need to start planning now. I'm less worried about the winter, but REALLY don't want to spend that kind of money and suffer through the summer months. I understand it won't be 50 degrees inside the camper, but if it's 100 outside and 95 in the camper, I won't be satisfied... What about leaks? And build? The dealer ranted and raved about the build... Has the plumbing held up? And the propane lines? I've read where there have been problems with floors? Any and all comments on all aspects of this line and/or model are greatly appreciated. thank you

jimtoo

Hi Trey-rob,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

The North Trail is one of the best selling trailers on the market I think. We have a lot of owners of the forum and I'm sure you will hear both the good and the bad as we don't edit the post, unless it gets nasty.

So enjoy the forum, buy a North Trail and join us at some rallies.

Jim M