Tire Pressure and Temp Monitoring System

Phatkd

Hi all,..

I have tried to do a search using many variations of both short hand (TPMS) and full word searching. So I am sorry if I have missed or could not locate a thread on this topic.

Being new to towing, and new to owning a 5er,..I am wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction of what brand to buy. I am looking to monitor all 4 of my tow vehicles tires and all 4 of our new Bighorn fifth wheel tires for both pressure and temp.

I have looked online and just don't really know what to look for. Perhaps someone or many of you can offer me some advice on what to get.

Thanks

9-larry

you might want to check tst.com ph 706-531-0044 [truck system technologies, inc.] I have thier system and it is wireless and can be used to keep track of trailer tires and expanded to check truck also. this system is easy to install and program. this system ie a lot better than getting out and checking temp and pressure when re fuieling, also gives you peace of mind while moving. Ihave had a tire go flat and eat up half the rim and didn't know it until a car passed me and mointion I had a problem. the trailer didn't pull much different. this system can save a lot of head ace and thinning of yuor wallet. travel safe!!

happykraut

I did some research on the forums and found that the TST507 is pretty popular. That is what I ended up buying. These folks really stand behind their product and will go out of their way to help you. I think you will be happy. I highly recommend a unit where you can replace your own batteries. I believe the TST can monitor up to 22 tires. Welcome to the club.
PS..We have camped on Vancouver Island and it was great.

caissiel

If in Canada check "hawkshead.com they are in BC and it is what I have been using. 2 models. Buy the high pressure units for around 200$ and I never used booster yet though I bought one.

Els

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk 2

brianharrison

I too have the TST system, albeit the older 510 vs the newer 507. The main difference is the 507 sensors have replaceable batteries. I have had my 510 for 3 years and the batteries are still good in all the sensors.

For an 8 sensor system, the 510 systems is currently 399; the 507 would cost $459. This is off their website --> http://www.tsttruck.com/

Pressure Pro is another system that is quite popular (although more cost), and the Duran is another one, to name a few. Click on the names for a link to their web pages.

And welcome fellow Albertan!

Brian

loafer

Tst 507 comes highly recommneded from this forum. If you want to buy Canadian then Hawkshead which is in Rosedale BC . Both good systems and beat a costly repair on the road somewhere.
Bill

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I'm with the majority here as well. TST 507. I've had two sensors go bad over the 3-1/2 years I've had the system. No problem at all with warranty. In fact, they've even made a follow up call to see if everything was OK. Great Customer service.
That reminds me, I need to get more O-Rings.:eek:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I also have the TST 510 system, but only on the trailer. Still need to get metal stems for the truck. Since we park our rig for the summer usually, I remove the sensors once we're set. According to the manual, they don't transmit when they're not reading pressure, so it helps extend the battery life. The 510's can be sent back to TST to replace the batteries, when needed.

Phatkd

Thank you everyone for the feedback! There is just so much learning to do, and I really appreciate you wisdom and advice.