Removal of Bedroom TV for access??

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
SOLVED - Removal of Bedroom TV for access??

We have a new Key Largo with the 32" TV mounted to the wall...cannot figure out how to remove TV from wall to access rear for HDMI cable connections???

Last edited:

brianharrison

Re: Removal of Bedroom RV for access??

There is a lever behind the lower left side - mine is spring loaded and you pull it towards the TV and pull the base of the TV towards you. That releases the lower catch pins. You raise the TV up to slide the top catch pins out of the top of the mounting bracket. Reverse to reinstall. I'll see if I can find a picture. That is how my early 2011 Landmark bedroom TV is mounted. Not sure if your mounting bracket would be the same.

If I remember correctly, the lever needs to be pointing straight down to work best. I think it can rotate up out of the way but it needs to be pointing down.

Brian

kakampers

Thanks! But the new bedroom TV's are not on any type of swivel mount...seems to be stationary mounted and can't find anyway to remove it from the wall....

Cyberdave

I used a 90 degree hdmi connector. Pulled out the TV a bit and slipped it in.

kakampers

That's what we ended up doing...found plastic levers, but could not get the bottom springs to release...

kakampers

OK...now we REALLY need to find out how to remove the bedroom TV!! Our brand new 32" bedroom TV just completely died....Sony is shipping us a brand new replacement, but we still cannot get the thing off the bracket. As I said earlier, found the plastic levers, but they don' t seem to work...anyone have ANY ideas. Have a week to figure this out before the new TV arrives...

brianharrison

I will be back down to my trailer on Wednesday night (SoCal). I'll see to take some pics of my bracket while the TV is off - Send me a PM to remind me on Thursday.

Brian

kakampers

Re: SOLVED - Removal of Bedroom RV for access??

OK! If nothing else we are tenacious! Finally figured it out, thanks to the flexible extension with the square bit we found in the "blue bag" with all the manuals that came from Heartland. Not sure if this is what it's for...but it worked!!

Realized I could reach my small hand up behind the TV and discovered two screws, one on each of the vertical parts of the bracket. Replaced the square bit with a #1 or #2 phillips, nothing larger, and guided the bit into the screws. You are blind doing this, because the dresser is directly below...if hung on a flat wall with nothing below you could actually use a flashlight and regular screw driver. This installation is much more challenging...guys with big hands...Good Luck!!

Anyway, once you release these "set" screws, one on each vertical you just lift the TV off the top of the bracket...simple...once you figure it out!! NOT!!

The little plastic levers I saw earlier apparently only function as supports to allow you access to the connections for cables prior to securing the bracket at the bottom with the set screws. After we removed the TV discovered this is a Crimson F46 bracket...below is a link to this bracket...installation instructions are at the bottom of the page.

Hope this helps someone in the future...:D:D

http://www.wallmountworld.com/Crimson_F46_Flat_TV_Wall_Mount_p/crim-flat2646.htm

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Kathy, if you have an electric slide, that flexible extension is for the manual operation of it.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jbeletti

Re: SOLVED - Removal of Bedroom TV for access??

Thanks for sharing Kathy.

For all, here's an image from the manual showing the security screw (1 per side).

Crimson_F46_TV_Mount.jpg

wildwolfproducts

Re: SOLVED - Removal of Bedroom TV for access??

Man I'm proud of our 2 straps we have to use to keep our Bedroom TV in place. Was griping about those but sure glad I have them over the 2013 model has.
Pete