Bedroom slide. Here we go again!

ChopperBill

Getting ready for a 10 day outing and doing the check it out deal. Now I see the bedroom slide is about 1 inch closer on one side. I know it wasnt like that before. One side seal is barely touching. And up that seal it is torn on the outside but I dont think it will be a problem as it just seals when the slide is closed. I am worried about it leaking when when the slide is out. Oh, have had it in the shop 4 times because I could see daylight out the bottom corners of the slides. I mentioned the corner block deal the last time it was in there. Daylight is showing again! One square piece of foam is laying on the street that they apparently put in. Any ideas on the slide adjustment thing? I only work part time but it looks like I am going to have to quit that so I can keep this rascal going. :eek:

ChopperBill

Guess there is no adjustment? Does anyone know do I have to take the bed apart to fix something, like a broke roller? Renee will kill me if I take her bed apart! :(

jpmorgan37

Bill;

I didn't have to take the bed apart to fix my roller. Move the slide in about a foot (and here, you have to be a contortionist) get on your belly on the floor with a good light and you can see the roller.

Have fun,

John

ChopperBill

Thanks John, I saw that roller a few weeks back and saw no way of working on it with out taking the bottom out of the bed. Will look into it again.

jpmorgan37

Bill;
When I moved the slide in about a foot, I was able to jack the slide up and block it. Then I moved the roller towards the outside of the slide and reattached it. It was tough on my old bones and tired muscles, but we "got 'er done".

ChopperBill

I took another look. My rollers as good as I could see them from outside and through weather stripping look OK. Inside I lifted the bed and saw the bearings that sit horizontally and they seem to be OK and move free enough, all tho one is crooked. I ran the slide in and out and it sure seems to work good. Seems quiet and doesnt move around. Just don't know why it is in the opening more to one side than the other. The gas springs that hold up the bed don't do their job and while holding the bed up and feeling around to check the bearings it came down on me and I got trapped. Pretty :mad: about that time so I decided to leave well enough alone as long as it wont leak.

jpmorgan37

Ouch!!!!! That doesn't sound like a good time. Have a cold lemonade and relax. That's too much work for one day.

busted2341

I just found the bed roller wheels on the slide broke, again.....and now the left side of the bed frame nearest the doorway has fell or broke. I think the rollers have something to do about it. Anyway. I lifted the bed and cannot see how to lift the frame back up over the metal part holding everything off the floor. Any suggesstions? Also just for info, I had the outside bottom seem comming off and the dealer put regular rails on each side of the outside seem. Now it is rubbing metal to metal. This has been reported already and I am assured it will be taken care of. But I can't help but think the bedrail falling and the wheels comming of (for the 3rd time) is the problem of the new siderails placed there by the dealer. Any thoughts? Naturaly I am out of.....HUMMMMM...Warranty...immagine that!!!!