Main Control Panel Redux

ChuckBrown

There are many threads on the purpose of the switches on the control panel in various Heartland 5ers. Mine is a 2010 Landmark and I haven't yet seen an explanation for one switch in my main control panel. I'll post a photo and see if someone can provide a hint. The switch in question is the lighted red wall-type switch in the lower center, to the right of the HWH elec switch - it is indicated by a red arrow. All intelligence will be greatly appreciated - Thanks!

Attachments

• Switch Panel.jpg
    Switch Panel.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 136

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The lower one may well be for tank heaters, if your rig was equipped with them. The upper arrow points to the switch to run the water heater on propane.

jbeletti

Chuck - I agree with Jon. Heartland never marked those. Not sure why. Now that tank heaters on LM are part of the Yeti package - the Yeti switch is marked.

Don't use the tank heaters unless you have liquid in the tanks as the pads get warm and could damage an empty tank with no liquid to dissipate the heat. Tank heating pads used by Heartland are 110 VAC powered and are not thermostatically controlled (on or off only).

Jim

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Chuck - I agree with Jon. Heartland never marked those. Not sure why. Now that tank heaters on LM are part of the Yeti package - the Yeti switch is marked.

Don't use the tank heaters unless you have liquid in the tanks as the pads get warm and could damage an empty tank with no liquid to dissipate the heat. Tank heating pads used by Heartland are 110 VAC powered and are not thermostatically controlled (on or off only).

Jim

Jim, I don't know why and it's been a recurring lament about the switches not being marked. Every switch in my rig was labelled from the factory. And if I'd looked at the diagram (which I have a photo of) on the cargo door by the UDC, I wouldn't have been in doubt as to which connector fed the satelite input to my living room TV. One of the hazards, I guess, of fueling modifications with adult beverages.

Tracing which outlet is fed from where is another matter and maybe a project for next summer.

DougS

Doug S
Chuck,
you might want to contact the factory to see what wonders your rig came with. I did with my SOB a couple of years ago when the dealer did not have the build sheet. You would need your vin number.

porthole

Retired
I still don't get why a single Lexan panel is not cut and engraved with all the switches and breakers like we have had on boats for well over 30 years.

The Cyclone almost gets it with a half panel.

jbeletti

I still don't get why a single Lexan panel is not cut and engraved with all the switches and breakers like we have had on boats for well over 30 years.

The Cyclone almost gets it with a half panel.

We're getting there. Landmark has had it for a year. Could other brands be far away?