Votes: 12 25.0%
  • I'm interested in the Tour + Bison "Roast" Lunch

Votes: 25 52.1%
  • I'm interested in the Tour + Bison "Roast Dinner"

Votes: 10 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jbeletti

Hello club members who plan to join us for the rally in Goshen this June.

As a "pre-rally" event, I am considering arranging a group tour and meal at the Cook's Bison Ranch, nearby (about 40 minutes).

As this would be a pre-rally event, it's completely optional. I would just make a group arrangement to lower the cost.

The Tour:
Ranch Tour ($8 for tour only): Includes viewing of the Cook's Bison Ranch History video, brief lecture on the North American Bison, a Question-and-Answer session, and a guided Wagon Tour into the bison herd to see and feed them. You'll learn the intricacies of raising, feeding, and managing this beautiful animal. Tour length approximately 1 hour.

Tour + Meal Options (I need to choose one of these for the group):
OPTION 1 ($16 - tour plus meal):
Bison Burger/Brat Meal Option: Bison burger or bison brat, chips, coleslaw, dessert, and beverage.

OPTION 2 ($18 - tour plus meal):
BBQ Chuckwagon Lunch in our barn-setting while enjoying an old-fashioned Chuckwagon meal of bison roast, BBQ baked beans, coleslaw, applesauce, corn muffin, dessert, and beverage. While eating, you'll enjoy fun give-aways. Tour length approximately 2 hours.

OPTION 3 ($20 - tour + meal):
BBQ Chuckwagon Dinner (after 4:00 PM) in our barn-setting while enjoying an old-fashioned Chuckwagon meal of bison roast, baked potato, BBQ baked beans, coleslaw, applesauce, corn muffin, dessert, and beverage. While eating, you'll enjoy fun give-aways.
Tour length approximately 2 hours.

Cook's Bison Ranch Website link

ONLY IF YOU ARE COMING TO THE RALLY - PLEASE VOTE IN THE POLL ABOVE

Poll will be open for 30 days. Voter names are not visible.

Thanks,

Jim

porthole

Retired
Re: Interest Poll for Goshen Rally - Bison Ranch Tour / Meal

Jim - pre-rally by how much "pre"?

Is the pre-rally going to interfere with the "may or may not be" Ohio Rally?

And if doable, we would be in for tour and any of the meals.

Maybe adjust the poll to allow multiple answers for the meal choice?

jbeletti

Jim - pre-rally by how much "pre"?

Is the pre-rally going to interfere with the "may or may not be" Ohio Rally?

And if doable, we would be in for tour and any of the meals.

Maybe adjust the poll to allow multiple answers for the meal choice?

Duane - the official pre-rally will be June 11-17. The day for this tour has not been set but I am favoring Saturday, June 15.

I don't understand your comment about multiple answers for meal choices. Do you mean "allow voters to give their first, second, third and fourth choices?"

jbeletti

...Is the pre-rally going to interfere with the "may or may not be" Ohio Rally?...

I don't know anything about the Ohio rally. I can say that I am suggesting and/or organizing pre-rally events/tours beginning Wednesday, June 12. If an Ohio rally comes to pass, you may not have to miss any of the pre-rally opportunities :)

porthole

Retired

I don't understand your comment about multiple answers for meal choices. Do you mean "allow voters to give their first, second, third and fourth choices?"

What I mean is we would be in for the tour and a meal, any of the three choices.
I would vote for all three, if you only vote for dinner then we have a majority vote :cool: and we have dinner.

I don't know anything about the Ohio rally. I can say that I am suggesting and/or organizing pre-rally events/tours beginning Wednesday, June 12. If an Ohio rally comes to pass, you may not have to miss any of the pre-rally opportunities //heartlandowners.org/images/smilies/smile.png

After 21 years of working the vacation schedule to my best advantage, I finally screwed up this year and right now my vacation actually ends on the 15th :eek:

Goshen will be a challenge, although I am still planning it.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

Whoops, I voted, but realized we may not be there before the 17th. :(

jbeletti

Well - we now have 20 votes and a trend has emerged. 75% of all voters prefer a lunchtime visit over a dinnertime visit. And for lunch choices, 73% (11 of 15 voters) want the Bison roast over the Bison burgers.

porthole

Retired

Well - we now have 20 votes and a trend has emerged. 75% of all voters prefer a lunchtime visit over a dinnertime visit. And for lunch choices, 73% (11 of 15 voters) want the Bison roast over the Bison burgers.

I didn't like the #13, so I voted.............

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired

We finally voted, I found the post.. Looking forward to it.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

Ya got our vote. Can't wait.

jbeletti

Well - this one might not work out. I was wanting to do this on Saturday, June 15th. This is Father's Day weekend and turns out the Cook Bison Ranch has a free weekend and hundreds come out to it. Lots going on, just busier than I was hoping for.

I am waiting for a call back from their group coordinator. What I may ask is what she thinks if we come that day anyway. We'll save $8 each and their will be food to purchase. So free is one upshot. Another upshot is there will be more to see there this weekend.

So - I will report back when I learn more.

TXTiger

I would rather pay the $8 and avoid the crowds and go on a weekday. Just my opinion, but will follow your lead Jim and go whenever you set it up.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired

Sounds good to me also.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders

I agree with this too.

JJnVA

We are with the others who feel a weekday, less crowded would be more enjoyable.

neilandnanci

Jim,

We agree that during the week would probably be better. I t sounds like a lot of fun.

jjwink

We have not had any communications about the pre-rally days. Where will they be and what are the dates?

jbeletti

Interest Poll for Goshen Rally - Bison Ranch Tour / Meal

jjwink,

Here's the link to the pre-rally info:
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/35566-2013-Goshen-Rally-Pre-Rally-Info