KOA Undercover Boss

Vtxkid

Duane, let me tweak your information a little. That's CBS on 01/11/13. I've got it on record myself!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

porthole

Retired
Duane, let me tweak your information a little. That's CBS on 01/11/13. I've got it on record myself!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Yeah yeah, on the phone the 0 is so close to the 1 :)

The other part was the famous iPhone auto correct.

01/11/13

Got the tonight part though.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Good show - made me want to go camping. of course any show that has anything to do with camping makes me want to be camping !!!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I appreciate a CEO that seems really dedicated to his job. Seems like he truly cares, not about the bottom dollar, but that the campers are getting the best experience possible.

That said, we've stayed at a number of KOAs that need some help in this area. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ihsolutions

I've watched lots of Undercover Boss and I have to say that the KOA guy gave the employees a whole lot more money at the end of the show than the boss usually does. Heck, he told the one girl "I'm gonna give you fifth thousand bucks" to do whatever she wanted. Crazy!

RoadJunkie

Heck, he told the one girl "I'm gonna give you fifth thousand bucks" to do whatever she wanted. Crazy!

Apparently what she wanted was to leave the company, which she did with plans to open a spa. Sometimes $50k can be a life-changing amount of money.

Phatkd

I watched it as well. I really liked his passion for his job, and his commitment to improving things by going and experiencing life on "the front lines". If he really takes the lessons that he learnt to heart, I think that there just may be some rather good things in store for KOA in the coming months.

I have stayed at a few KOA's over the last couple of years. For the most part they are decent places, however some have been run down, but with a franchise owner I suppose KOA only can go so much. The actual owners that run the place need to be the ones to take pride in providing an EXCELLENT product to their guests.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have also read where KOA is going through a "rebranding" process. They hope to make their parks more accessible based on the features: Journey parks, for overnight stops, Destination parks, for a good base for exploring the area, and Resort Parks, where the KOA is the place to be. Much like the "levels" within a Hotel brand family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pegmikef

I watched it as well and was somewhat disappointed that he only hit fairly high end campgrounds and not some of those that actually need a lot of help or work . . . the smaller less touristy ones encountered near interstates in remote areas. A lot of these could use upgrading and could use some of that money he was throwing around just to bring them up to par.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Do you really think they would televize a show where everything was trash and needed to be improved. Also with all the things they do for only a couple of people.

I am always skeptic of a lot of these shows. Their main purpose is to make money and to do that they need people to watch the shows. So do you really think they are going to show you the places that really need the help.

I have a problem with believing everything you see on TV shows. Even the news these days is entertainment. Notice 99% of everything you see on the news is bad. How often do you see the good side of humanity. Even those that have done wrong are still celebrated. An example of this is Jane Fonda.

Nuff said
BC

PS.. I don't mean to be negative, I just don't have confidence in the press now days.

olcoon

Come on Bob, we all know they can't put anything on TV if it isn't true, same with the internet. Don't believe me, ask Al Gore, he invented the internet, and we all know how truthful he & Bill Clinton are!!! ;)

I actually agree with you, through the years before I retired I was involved in several incidents, and knew what happened from beginning to end. When it made the news it was completely turned around. Almost made me think they are more interested in the money end than reporting facts & the truth. Naw, I'm just being cynical!!!:confused:

JJnVA

I, too, was disappointed that only "resort" KOA campgrounds in high traffic, tourist towns were featured. What I took away from the show, tho, was how important it is to give positive feedback to the hard-working "Mom & Pop" owners when we have had a good experience camping at their campground. It is so true that many campground owners who are hands on in their business don't have much of a life outside of working on their campground to provide a quality experience for their guests. Don't forget to tell the campground owners when your stay has been good and/or recognize employees who give exceptional service!

Gaffer

Maybe the company stores are better as a rule than the franchise ones. I have stayed a a few that were nice and checked out some that were in need of serious help. Seems to be no set standards. Never a bargin price wise though.