Waterless car washes

Bob Vaughn

I am wondering if the waterless car washes are worth the money and effort to wash an rv? Where we live we get water spots even with a water softener. I am looking at Meguires ultimate waterless wash and wax.....

Speedy

Bob, I've been looking for the same thing since purchasing our BC and found a neat system at the Gillette Rally but was not ready to spend the bucks on it. So I've made it a goal to look at it again next week at the Tampa RV show my wife will be attending. If I do purchase it I'll let you know how it works. From the demos I saw at Gillette I was impressed but the proof will be in me doing it.

Bob Vaughn

I too will be at the rv show on Wed. do you remember what the name of the product was you were looking at so I can head there first.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Some of the combination wash/wax products (with water) do very well. I've used a couple of different brands with a "soft" deck brush to do our car / truck & trailer, they turn out nice. I think they contain a small amount of carnuba wax in them, just enough to make the rinse water slide off (& not spot) and shine. Not really a good wax protectant per se, but good for inbetween waxings. (one brand was armor all wash n wax and I believe the other was McGuires / I like McGuires products)

piet10

I have used the Kozak product for 25 years on all my cars and on an airplane, where I don't have access to water at the airport. One towel lasts a couple of years, and when it gets dirty I use it on the wheels. Never had it scratch any vehicle. If I want to clean my RV at a campground I use a damp Bounce dryer sheet to remove bugs on the front cap, and when it is dry use the Kozak. A car takes 5 minutes, the RV obviously a little longer. Just make sure you don't use it on a wet surface. Amazon carries it in several sizes and packaging.

http://www.amazon.com/Kozak-1050-Au...8609&sr=8-1&keywords=kozak+auto+drywash+cloth

Al

HOC 2260

Last edited:

guyc66

I have been using a product called Wash Wax All for the past year with really good results. I have tried it on our RV and cars and love how simple it is to use. Go to www.washwax.com and check out their products and see what you think.

olcoon

The folks who were at the rally in Gillette were Guyla & Don Sellers, their company is Aero Cosmetics. They are out of TX, their card doesn't have a website, but does have their phone numbers; Don: 817-360-9509 Guyla: 817-360-8201. This may be the same people that guyc66 listed because also on the card it says...WASH WAX ALL.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I've used THIS STUFF on everything I've owned for about 15 years. Works great, removes black streaks and won't hurt decals or any surfaces. I've also used it on the bike windshield in a pinch.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
I am wondering if the waterless car washes are worth the money and effort to wash an rv? Where we live we get water spots even with a water softener. I am looking at Meguires ultimate waterless wash and wax.....

The key is the rinse...soft water still has a high amount of dissolved solids.
I use a 2 gal pump sprayer with RO water to rinse a 5'x5' square area at a time after the wash. (no drying required, spot free)

Last edited:

ucwinters

I've used THIS STUFF on everything I've owned for about 15 years. Works great, removes black streaks and won't hurt decals or any surfaces. I've also used it on the bike windshield in a pinch.

Used to use the Honda spray polish for years on my m/c's and scooters. This past year I started using either Pledge or Behold furniture spray polish instead. Works just as well and costs less (have found the spray cans of Behold at Dollar General). Also used the furniture polish to touch areas on the 5th wheel exterior and it does a good job.

chasdvorak

We purchased (and then won another) WashWaxAll dry wash kit at the Gillette Rally. I used the first kit on the BH and two cars and am very pleased with the results. I gave the second kit as a gift and received similar feedback from its' owner. It took some time cleaning the RV and vehicles due to bugs, blemishes and wax build up from previous products, but I was pleased with the results. I put a second application of the product on my BH and vehicles before the winter and noticed that it went on easier, I used much less product and it appeared to have a glossier shine.

Guyla and Don, the vendors at the Gillette rally are very nice people. They suggested using the concentrated form of product since it saved a few dollars and was easy to mix....they were right. I used a ladder to reach a few high points on the cap during my first application, but didn't see the need during the second application. I was able to complete with second application from the ground using the pole, product and application pads in less than 90 minutes (your time may vary).

I also managed to break the extension pole that came with the kit (I believe it was manufactured by Shur-Line). I contacted the Wash/Wax company owner and sent him a picture as requested....he shipped me a new pole within days and without any charges. Great customer service and the company advertises a 100% Money-Back Guarantee.

This kit is not cheap, however the various included wash/wax solutions and application devices are quality products. I haven't had to restock any of the liquid products yet, but I did go through most of the Belly Degreaser while removing the bugs. I also thought the Bug Buster addition to the kit was worthwhile.

There are several similar products on the market, but I'm not sure how they are priced/packaged...so some comparison shopping might be in order. You can purchase the entire kit or any of the components individually from the Wash Wax All at their website listed below. They also have a few videos which include RV application of the product.

http://washwax.com/

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I to use the WashWaxAll dry wash kit and have been very pleased. Especially on the front cap with the bugs. After a treatment just keep up with it and the bugs don't stick. Lots of times I just do front cap maintenance at the campground. Takes ten minutes and the bugs are gone.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Has anyone used Lucas Slick Mist Speed wax ?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I used it on our truck. Amazing stuff!
e3aac54a6982605308aaa28c9a602a2e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk