Replacement Tires

I have a 2008 Cyclone Toy Hauler with the original tires on it. Camper has not been on the road that much. I am reading so many forums about tires. Im confused as to what to put on it. It is loaded heavy. (I dont know the weight yet), but have several tools and a Goldwing in the garage plus the normal stuff. I am a full timer so everything I own is with me. I know someday I prolly should invest in 16" but for now I cant. What is the best tires I can put on? I do not drive over 60 mph.

danemayer

Hi LeeCharles50,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. You'll find lots of useful information here along with a bunch of friendly, helpful people. I'm sure you'll get some recommendations shortly.

It would probably help to know which Cyclone model you have and how many axles it has.

tireman9

It is well established that over half of RV 5th wheel in use have one or more tires, wheels and/or axles overloaded. We also know that the total load is not evenly split between axles or balanced 50/50 side to side so it is very important that you load the trailer as you expect to have it when traveling. This means water, propane, tools and the Goldwing plus food & clothes. Here is a LINK with a woksheet on how to know the real weight. Once you know the facts, then you can make a decision on what to do about your tires.

And here is a worksheet written by one of your own.

Last edited:

ophjohn

Regarding Tires: I found this site looking for Sailun tire distributors. I was in Gulf Shores this winter and a Heartland was next to me, with Sailun tires. I bought 4 Sailun tires three years ago in Florida when a goodyear blew. I have a Teton that weighs just over 16,000 pounds, and carries 3,200 pounds on each tire. The Sailun 14 ply tires I run at 90 psi, and after a full day driving, they are near room temp. My Goodyears were always very warm. I run them about 4000 miles a year, and no problems in three years. Have never had really good luck with the goodyears. For my money, I am quite happy with these tires.