Individual Wheel Weights Finally

floridarandy

Met up with Bill and Joan Richard of Weigh-It Portable RV Scales. They're attending the RV Supershow in Tampa and were kind enough to meet us off-site as we were heading home to Sarasota from Disneyworld in Orlando. I've attached the printout of their work.

This data is consistent with the weights we got on the CAT scale when we first got the truck although its the first time we've had a chance to see the left/right balance of the 5th wheel. Specs were within limit except for 1250 lbs over the truck's GVWR. Both truck axles were within spec but there's only 100 lbs of spare capacity on the truck's rear axle and 200 lbs on the front axle. Our Firestones have a healthy weigh margin of safety.

The Sundance was totally within spec both with regard to the axles and our Maxxis tires. Weight was a bit high on the door slide no doubt due to the kitchen slide.

Highly recommend Bill Richard if you get a chance to hook up with him. He and his wife Joan own the Sault Ste. Marie KOA and travel during the snow months. He's ex-Air Force, a USAF Thunderbirds alumni, and you can tell he takes weight and balance seriously. You can find Weigh-It here. Looks like they'll be in Florida until the snow clears off their KOA.

Randy & Karen

Attachments

• Weights 1-16-2013.pdf
    187.1 KB · Views: 69

TedS

That is good information for you to have. I had similar results with weights, over the truck GVWR, and upgraded from 3/4-ton to 1-ton truck to get my loading under the new truck GVWR.

DW_Gray

Not too bad Randy. I hadn't seen Bill's report style yet. Did Bill talk to you as well as give you information on tire inflation pressures? Also, how did you find out about Bill and Weigh-It Portable RV Scales?

floridarandy

Dave -

You're to blame! :)

We found your worksheet when we first got the rig and used it with our CAT scale weights. I recently noted that your site had a list of the individual wheel folks and Bill was the only one who was in Florida at the time...and close by too.

Bill and Joan were both great to work with. Not only were they meticulous in their work with the scales but also spent as much time as we needed to go over the report format. NO surprises versus your report on the grand totals but the individual wheel weights and left/right balance were nice to have.

Glad we didn't buy any bigger rig than we did...even though we know that our 2500 would have "pulled" Heartland's biggest rig. It was also fun to look at the Volvo toter than the Richards use to pull their 5ver and hear Bill describe how they were able to set it up, including a Smart Car, for less than the cost of a F450!

Would recommend Bill to anyone!

Thanks for the work you do here Dave...you can lead em to water...

Randy and Karen and Florida