Mounting a Wheeldock

JohnnyR

Recently purchased a 2012 Cyclone 3950HD. Need advice on best/easiest way to install a Wheeldock for my Honda GL1800. I assume i need to pull the bottom cover to expose frame and drill thru frame members, in lieu of plywood floor only, for a bike that heavy (900 lbs). Or is there a way to mount the Wheeldock to the D-rings already in the floor? Any insight or advice would be appreciated.

porthole

Retired
There is no covering under the garage floor.
You don't have to drill the trough the frame rails, the floor is 1" thick and through bolting will more then suffice. You are only using the the chock to support the bike, the straps do all the work.
There are 5 frame rails that run under the garage floor, so the odds are good that you can at least catch one side of your chock with a rail.

I "use" to keep my BikePro chocks bolted down to the floor. I bought a Condor last year and had that bolted down for half the season. I now just keep something in front of the Condor to keep it from sliding forward, usually my refrigerated cooler.
My bike is 800 pounds and it never moves.

I do have multiple attaching points on the floor, I use aluminun load track, have three pieces going front to back and one each across the front and rear of the garage.

Horrible freight is not the place to buy your tie down straps if you value your bike.

Vtxkid

I have two of Harbor Freight's self standing front wheel chocks. I place two 2x4's wood blocks about 4"-5" long. One on each side of the center of the wheel chock against the support bars & against the sliding door bottom rail. Afterwards, I drive the GW up into the chock and strap her down! As Porthole mentioned, the straps holed the bike in place. Been working great for a couple of years now!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

JohnnyR

My 2012 3950 HD has a some kind of bottom cover so I gotta pull that to see what goes where. Anyway looks like most everybody is attaching their chock to the plywood 1 inch floor in lieu of frame with no problems.