What are the leather flaps on the deck railing for?

Hi everyone. My wife and I just purchased a 2013 Road Warrior RW415 from Campkins in Myrtle Ont. There are two leather flaps, one hanging from each of the side rails on the back deck/ramp. The salesman has no idea what they are for. He thought maybe magazine or book storage, but there are no pockets on them. There is a vynyl strip on the bottom which appears to be for attaching something to them. Can someone please enlighten us as to what those flaps are for? Thank you.

rgwilliams69

If the Road Warrior is like the Cyclone they fit between the rails at the back of the coach and the coach (when the patio is up) to keep your dogs/kids from getting out of the gap there. Took me a while to figure mine out. Well actually, I had to ask too and someone on the forum filled me in! :) Mine have clips/straps that go on the rail and then a on the edge of the coach where the ramp door opening is.

ILH

Unless you have pets or small children, you probably won't need them. Just leave them on the railings.

scottyb

Unless you have pets or small children, you probably won't need them. Just leave them on the railings.

I will go even further. Unless you have small pets or very small children, you will not need them. My Airedales can't beging to get through the space.

ILH

Great. Thanks everyone. I will let the salesman know what they are for. He said he is still trying to find out.

Kev.

That's really not a good sign... when the salesman doesn't know.:p
I can see not covering it off on the PDI, and subsequently trying to figure it out, but they should know if asked!