bedroom window screen

We have a new 2012 silverado model # SV 30 RL with a large escape window (vertical) in the bedroom that does not come with a screen. Has anyone had any luck finding a screen that will fit this window? I opens quite nicely and it sure would allow ventilation on warm nights. If not, I will try making one that will fit inside the frame.

danemayer

Hi silverstrands,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of helpful people.

Others may chime in, but I'd hazard a guess that if you put a screen over an emergency exit window, in an emergency, the screen might slow down your getting out the window. At rallies, Mac the Fire Guy gives seminars on fire safety and discusses the emergency exits. If I remember correctly, in a fire, you'll only have a few seconds - slowing things down is not what you want.

Speedy

Both of my emergency exit windows have screens on them. Contact Heartland Customer Service and find out if in fact it should have a screen; mayby it was forgotten.

TXTiger

I don't have your model but my bedroom emergency window in my 2012 Cyclone 4014 has a screen. Call Heartland customer service, give them your VIN #, and ask if you should have a screen and if they will send you one, free or at cost?

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Our emergency windows, even the long bedroom, also has screens....they have big red tabs on them that you grab in an emergency to rip the screen out of your way. The handle used to open the window for air or exit, actually fits into a slot in the screen to hold the window open to allow air in.