Sundance 3310 MKS

Shamrock

At an RV show in Denver last week, I placed a deposit on a new 3310MKS Sundance. The unit is so new, the manufacturer's website doesn't have any of the specifications listed (length, GVWR, etc). I really liked the floor plan and standard features, and spent a good deal of time talking to the factory rep about the build quality of Heartland products. Because this is a mid-level unit, it doesn't come prewired for a genset. I was told that I could buy a couple Yamaha portables and gang them together, but I'm not sure how inconvenient this would be. For example, should I hard-mount them in the bed of the truck or just carry them in the storage area? :confused: Does anyone have experience with the portable gensets and could advise me on their use. The 3310MKS has 50amp service. I'm new to the Heartland Forum and am excited about our upcoming RV adventures! :)

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Shamrock and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. There is a lot of good information here.
One thing many people have done is to add a carrier to the back of the rig. There are several designs thought up by members.
I got my ideas from two different people and combined them.
I welded two receivers on the back of my rig. One to each I-beam. Then designed a rack that would suit my needs.
On that rack I carry two 2k Kippor generators. I should have gotten a 3k Honda. Much quieter.
I carry them in a box made by Gear Deck. It works great for me.

Peace
Dave

Shamrock

Thanks Dave. Mounting them to the back sounds like a good solution for weight distribution as well. Are yours configured so you can start and stop them from inside your rig? That's something I will miss by having portables if it's not possible to remotely start them.....

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I cannot start them remotely. The Honda 3k could have remote start.
But one thing is, that you will have to plug the genny into the coach.
We don't boondock and the gennys are used for emergency power outage or if we spend a night in a Wal-Mart parking lot.

ncc1701e

At an RV show in Denver last week, I placed a deposit on a new 3310MKS Sundance. The unit is so new, the manufacturer's website doesn't have any of the specifications listed (length, GVWR, etc). I really liked the floor plan and standard features, and spent a good deal of time talking to the factory rep about the build quality of Heartland products. Because this is a mid-level unit, it doesn't come prewired for a genset. I was told that I could buy a couple Yamaha portables and gang them together, but I'm not sure how inconvenient this would be. For example, should I hard-mount them in the bed of the truck or just carry them in the storage area? :confused: Does anyone have experience with the portable gensets and could advise me on their use. The 3310MKS has 50amp service. I'm new to the Heartland Forum and am excited about our upcoming RV adventures! :)

I can't speak to the 3310MKS, but we're sitting in our 2013 3310CL right now. We love the layout and wish you the very best with the "MKS". I would suspect the two units are pretty close in length and weight. The "CL" is 38'5"L, 10,580# (sticker on store), 12'5"h and pulls like a dream.

SD3310CL Leaving Dealer.jpg

This is our second Sundance. The one common thing about both units is that Heartland has not learned how to keep the doors in the over heads from pulling appart. If I could offer one simple word of advice go to Home Depot or Lowes and by a tube of clue. We had to fix every door in the older Sundance and so far two in this unit. Once repaired, I never had another problem in the old unit.
Loctite.jpg

When the hinge pulls out and I am willing to be they will just put a little in each screw hole and some in the milled hole for the hinge. Push the hinge back in place and I usually let it set flat for 24 hours before reinstalling. For me, this has worked great. If you search the forum you will find other suggested solutions. I'm sure they work equally well.

Good luck and happy camping

Tom