We would buy if

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunny

We like the floor plan of the 4000 elite more than any RV out there, but there are changes we would like to see!
1. Get the washer/dryer out of the closet and put it in the garage.
2. Change the seat in the bedroom into more closet space.
3. Move the fireplace over to where the shelves are. (Switch the shelves and fireplace)
4. Although the sliding door into the kitchen is very nice, a single door would allow space in the garage for the washer/dryer and optional 1/2 bath. this would still leave a 10' garage.

This is a very nice looking unit but we haven't seen one in person. Are RV show in Boise didn't even have a Cyclone!

danemayer

Hi gunny,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with helpful, friendly Heartland Owners. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them chime in with their thoughts.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
We like the floor plan of the 4000 elite more than any RV out there, but there are changes we would like to see!
1. Get the washer/dryer out of the closet and put it in the garage.
2. Change the seat in the bedroom into more closet space.
3. Move the fireplace over to where the shelves are. (Switch the shelves and fireplace)
4. Although the sliding door into the kitchen is very nice, a single door would allow space in the garage for the washer/dryer and optional 1/2 bath. this would still leave a 10' garage.

This is a very nice looking unit but we haven't seen one in person. Are RV show in Boise didn't even have a Cyclone!

We probally passed you at the Boise RV show today...... saw one Heartland RV there. The Fuzion looked like the best TH there.

BarneyFife

With all due respect to this forum, I would highly recommend not getting a toy hauler that the dealer is very far away. This thinking applies to any brand out there. Is that the reason no Cyclones were there? If so, that would greatly deter me. Our dealer is almost exactly 100 miles away. In a year and a half, we've had to take it in for repairs five times. That's one trip to drop off, one trip to pick up, five different times each. 2000 miles of nothing but service trips. Our local dealers carry other brands. When this Cyclone is gone, that'll be our next route.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
This has been a non-issue for us. We have always bought from a dealer that is some distance from us, but Heartland will approve a dealer that is pre-approved by them, whether they are a Heartland dealer or not.

rjr6150

This has been a non-issue for us. We have always bought from a dealer that is some distance from us, but Heartland will approve a dealer that is pre-approved by them, whether they are a Heartland dealer or not.

Have to agree with Jay never been a problem getting service approved.

danemayer

It is expensive and time consuming to drive a long distance for service. On the other hand, that convenient local dealer might just know that he doesn't have to negotiate as good a deal. So maybe you'll end up paying more up front to have a local service relationship.

My closest dealer wanted an extra $7,000 for being local (still 50 miles away). Turns out there's an authorized service location 20 miles closer. I kept the $7,000, bought from Elkhart, and have received good local service in Texas.

My good friends paid an extra $5,000 to get the assurance of a good local service relationship (still around 100 miles for them). The service turned out to be terrible and they now realize they got nothing for their money.

So you pay your money for one scenario or the other, and in either case you're taking a chance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Due to price, I purchased our unit from a dealer 3 hours away. When I needed service I called Heartland for approval for a local dealer and have since established a great relationship with the service department. They know I didn't buy it there since they don't sell the Elk Ridge brand, but have helped me at all times. the service person I deal with told me as long as she does all the paperwork correctly Heartland is one of the best to deal with and is happy to have me even if just as a service customer. In fact that dealership, General Trailer (Brownstown, MI) is a sponsor of our Michigan Rally. When it comes time to buy the next rig this dealershipo will definitely be considered, but price will still win.

BarneyFife

Have to agree with Jay never been a problem getting service approved.

1. First time I spoke with Bill Plemmons RV service department here in Raleigh about helping us with issues, they said they wouldn't touch it because Heartland was too difficult to deal with concerning service issues.

2. There are far too many posts of people complaining of local dealers not willing to handle RV repairs of units not purchased at their store.

Again, this is no rant. Just personal experience, repeating many stories read on RV forums, and trying to help out a fellow RVer. Hopefully, whatever they do get will be a great camping adventure.

Urban350

I have also had local dealers refuse to work on my Cyclone. Also getting Heartland to agree before hand is a lot of work.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
It's only taken a phone call for approval. Perhaps some of my success has been attitude. I don't call mad and frustrated with a "chip on my shoulder" and have gotten good results.

iowaone

Well on of your concerns is taken care of. The seat is now gone. They have a full closet. The W/D is still up front though. I have seen one up close. Very nice unit but we ordered the 4100 because we like the big bath room with two doors and fire place a little more centered. I did like the big sofa in the 4000 though. Going from the bedroom to bath is tricky getting around the doors in the 4000. Might woork fine for you though.

BarneyFife

It's only taken a phone call for approval. Perhaps some of my success has been attitude. I don't call mad and frustrated with a "chip on my shoulder" and have gotten good results.

Unfortunately, that hasn't worked for us all.

Bksvo

Although I have found Heartland is very accomodating on having service performed at other repair facilities that are not dealers. They have authorized me to have several repairs done at a non-heartland dealer that is much closer to home.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

Are you saying that you can't find service elsewhere? Try looking for independent RV repair facilities, not dealerships. We've had good service from a local Mobile RV Repair facility. They have a shop in a suburb of Dallas, and we took our coach to them (so we didn't have to pay for a trip-charge.) HL authorized the service... After we sent pics of the issue that the RV tech found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member

Maybe it was your attitude? maybe not...Heartland worked with me for me on a warrenty repair that I did myself. We bought our Sundance from a dealer 1200 miles away to save $8k. I saved enough to upgrade with new wheels and tires, shocks, new generator, 12vdc to 120vac inverter and the list go on.

Zoomzoommo

I believe there is real value in buying locally -- not only is it convenient, but it helps the local economy. If the local dealer is rational, they'll get reasonably close to the big wholesalers. In my case, I paid an extra 4% versus the quotes from the big boys. Future transportation considerations aside, 4% is a pittance for the convenience of a dealer 20 minutes from my home.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
I believe there is real value in buying locally -- not only is it convenient, but it helps the local economy. If the local dealer is rational, they'll get reasonably close to the big wholesalers. In my case, I paid an extra 4% versus the quotes from the big boys. Future transportation considerations aside, 4% is a pittance for the convenience of a dealer 20 minutes from my home.

You live in 'Not Listed'? I wonder If you live near where the RV was made.?

Status
Not open for further replies.