Cyclone 4000 & 4100 bedroom closet question

Jv75353

We have been evaluating Cyclone models 4000 and 4100 for our first toy hauler. According to the floor plans and the Heartland photo gallery both of these units have 'His' and 'Her' closets in the bedroom separated with a built in seat. While doing some surfing today of 2013 Cyclones in dealers inventory we came across photos of both models showing one large closet without the seat. Does anyone know if this is an option or has Heartland made a change that is not yet reflected in their floor plans? We like the larger closet it makes much better use of the space.

scottyb

I cant answer whether it is an option, but my 4100 has the two closets with the seat in the middle. We use the seat to store extra bedding. The jury is still out as far as how useful the seat will be. With the 4100 and the king bed, it would be a pretty tight squeeze if the closet went all the way across the front. It might work better for the 4000 and it's queen bed.

iowaone

I just order one last week and also saw the new brochure that was just printed and posted on there web. My understand is that all of these units now have the full closet with now seat. They also are plumbed for washer/dryer. That is what salesperson confirmed, the brochure showed and the new units they had(a 4000 and 4100) that were built in Dec were. This was a big issue for me so I wanted to be sure before I ordered. Also, notice on the brochure that the big slide out now has several different layout options. Heartland also seems to be willing to make undocument modifications and upgrades which some companies won't. Make the salesperson check if you don't see want you want.

iowaone

The 4200 I saw had the full closet and King bed. not roomy but workable. we want a queen anyway so that is what we ordered(the queen) It will give a little more rooom and a little night stand on both sides of the bed.

jnbhobe

Remember you can always call the factory and speak with the brand manager to confirm how the unit is being built. Then maybe you can order it how you want it built and hear it from the horses mouth.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
There was a previous thread that the brand manager posted the 4100 no longer has the seat between the closets in the bedroom but one large closet.,

My wife and I have been searching for three months and love the Cyclone 4000...except the bedroom. Is there a way to rotate the bed 90 degrees and add nightstands like the 3100?

jimtoo

My wife and I have been searching for three months and love the Cyclone 4000...except the bedroom. Is there a way to rotate the bed 90 degrees and add nightstands like the 3100?

Hi TeamCatledge,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I would suggest you call Heartland and ask for the Cyclone brand manager and ask if that would be possible. There are some things that they will do on a special order, that the dealers do not know about or ask about. Worth a free phone call to check.

Enjoy the forum and let us know what happens.

Jim M

scottyb

I made an inquiry about the new closet and this was the reply.

The new front wardrobe configuration actually goes straight across with four cabinet doors and no seat in the middle. It doesn’t intrude on the walk around space as our new front cap actually is a deeper cap to allow for the room. You can also do a two piece washer/dryer in the front cap now as well.

Take care,

Mike Aplin
Regional Sales Manager
Heartland RV
Cyclone/Road Warrior
Office 574-266-8726
Fax 574-264-4405
mike.aplin@heartlandrvs.com
www.heartlandrvs.com

scottyb

H'mmm, "two piece washer/dryer in the front cap now as well." for those that don't like the combo.

If I ever see the need for a W/D, I will convert the 1/2 bath in the garage for an appartment sized stackable W/D. All the plumbing is there and it would have it's own holding tank. It has only been used for a storage closet so far, and I don't know if it will ever get used as a bathroom enough to justify it. I would rather keep my closet space in the bedroom.

porthole

Retired
It's all about options Scott.

I would have liked the half bath in the garage, but the 3010 just doesn't have the room.
I have the W/D combo in the front closet and would not be with out it. Gets used after every shower to keep the towels dry.

Vtxkid

I'm with Porthole on this as we installed our Combo unit in our bedroom closet last month and already know it will be used a lot!!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
My W/D came in the garage and gets used all the time! DW (and I) love the convenience!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dhsevers

Picked up my 2013 at the end of Dec 2012 an it had the closet across the front. I pretty sure that was a design change as I didn't order it that way was expecting the seat but sure am glad the closet was installed it has a whole lot more room.