installing curtain/curtain rod over sliding glass door in garage area

I am wanting to hang curtain/curtain rod over sliding glass door in garage section of our Torque 291 to add privacy to the garage/bedroom area. Any suggestions on what's the best way to do this? Am worried about wires running in shelve above door if mounting brackets are attached there, and not enough support on either side of door in the paneling if mounting brackets are attached there. Any help or other suggestions appreciated!

M Fritsche

porthole

Retired
I believe the Torque 291 garage is very similar to the Cyclone 3010.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/11365-And-so-it-begins?p=211688&viewfull=1#post211688

I had gotten some materiel from Heartland that matched our interior trim. I had our local cleaners make a set of full length curtains for the slide.

The hardware is all Home Depot stuff. 1.5" fluted wood curtain rod in cherry coloring, two rod supports and a couple bags of clips. The supports were wood, about 3/4" wide and were attached with hidden "keyhole" slots. Looks something like the picture I attached.

The frame around the slider should be solid framed. The screws are run in most of the way and then the hooks just drop over the screw heads. I mounted the hooks about an inch below the overhang.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...899&catEntryId=202075899&superSkuId=203259673

hook.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for the info and ideas! I was thinking that the frame around the slider should be solid enough and not mess with any electrical wiring in the walls. I have the curtains to match already, just needing to hang the rod and didn't want to mess anything up in the process. Will hit home depot locally and see what I can find!

M Fritsche

I don't know about the 291, but we are using a pressure rod and we just take it down when we travel because it pushes on the slide to hold it up.

TXTiger

My Cyclone came with vertical blinds inside the garage on the glass door. This may be a part available direct from Heartland? I would call Heartlands parts department and inquire if you can order direct. As a HOC member you will be eligible for a discount too.