Front Cap Fade

I have a 2011 Big Country 3250 and the front end cap is badly faded. I spoke with a representative of the Owners Forum at the RV Show in Tampa this weekend and he told me that Heartland is aware of the problem and may give me an allowance to have it painted. I called Heartland today and they said to send them some pictures which I will do. My question is has anyone had the cap painted in the Tampa Bay area and if so who did you use? I was thinking Lazydays. I bought the unit is Georgia and that is a ways to take it for painting. Thanks Steve

GOTTOYS

I had the same problem as have many others. I found there are few if any RV dealers with a large enough paint booth to fit the trailer in. If they were interested they would have sent it out to another shop to have the work done and added in something $$$ to the price for their trouble. I found a shop that worked on buses, semi-tractors and trailers. They have a paint booth large enough to fit my trailer. It shouldn't make any difference who does the work....Don

I agree with Don (GOTTOYS)
I had my BC3450TS painted by a shop that did big rigs, and cars.
Had a huge garage with a 14 foot door.
My local RV dealer is the one who sent me to this body shop.
Called Heartland, and told them about the fade in the front cap, they requested pictures which I sent and a few days later they offered a settlement, which I accepted.
Heartland sent me a check and I had the front cap painted.
Looks great now, they guys at the body shop did a great job.

hockster

====================================================================================================================================

TXTiger

I have a 2012 Cyclone HD with a grey front cap that was faded at the time of purchase from a dealer in Dallas TX just prior to the Gillette WY rally last June. At the rally I had it detailed and waxed hoping to remove the fade but this didn't remove the fade. I have seen many posts regarding fade on front caps, especially the Greystone model. Upon returning to San Diego I took my Cyclone to my local dealer who contacted Heartland and got approval under warranty to repaint my front and rear caps. The dealer had a sub contractor they use come to their dealership and do the work. The sub does a lot of upscale cars and did a great job on my Cyclone.

I have a 2011 Cyclone HD 3800 with a faded gray front cap. I spoke with three different Customer Service reps all the way up to the CS manager. To be honest I was less than impressed with their attitude towards this situation. They told me they would pay $800 and send me the decals for the front cap. I expressed my comcern about being able to have this fixed for $800 and the CS manager told me to take it or leave it relative to the $800. I was very disappointed with their attitude and their "customer service" approach. Does anyone know of a shop that will properly paint the cap for $800 in the Dallas - Ft. Worth area in Texas?

danemayer

I expressed my comcern about being able to have this fixed for $800
Texas_Cyclone_3800,

I don't know the paint shops in your area, but I do know that there's a pretty wide variance in the Austin area. Maybe someone in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area will have a pointer for you to a low-cost paint shop. You might want to call your insurance agent and see if you can get a number for an adjuster. The adjusters can probably give you a list of shops that can do the work.

1231ChaseB

It seem's like no matter what brand of RV it is i notice that any gray front cap i see they are all faded ?? Wonder why ?
chaseb

I have read, but not certain, that it was from a lack off or non exisiting UV protection in the gel coat. Heartland Customer Service told me they are now painting the units with gray caps in lieu of the gray gel coat process. But, they assured me it wasnt because of the gray gel coat issue......which I thought was rather humorous. And of course I was told this was not a
manufactures process defect, rather a warranty issue and since my warranty has ended I should feel lucky that I would receive $800 and the decals. Just concerned its not going to cover the cost of the repairs from a reputable shop......but I guess time will tell....