2" hose in the crawl space

khd995

I have an 07' 3400 RL, I was looking under the shower (tracking a leak) behind the basement wall and noticed a 2" hose, looked like the same 4" hose that goes to my heat duct. It was not connected to anything and I couldn't see what it might go to. It would have been a chore to get back in there and really dig around, so I thought I would see if anyone new what this was for and save myself the hassle of digging around not knowing what if anything I was really looking for.

Pulltab

I think that is the hose that is just there to heat the basement. Actually I believe it should be routed to the belly underneath the basement for heating the tanks in cold weather.

khd995

Does anyone have a schematic of the routing of the heating hose(s) for the basement. I couldn't see where this 2" hose should connect to anything. If it meant to go into the underbelly, I would really like to know where to route. I figure now is the time get ready for the colder temps as I will be using my trailer for a couple of months during the winter.

Pulltab

I don't believe they have a schematic of that and basically they just poke it into the underbelly. Personally I don't think it would work very well. I have insulated mine in the large air spaces leaving openings on each side of the tank and I am using a PVC pipe running the length of the RV underneath that I am connecting the 2" hose to. I'll cap the far end and drill holes where ever I want heat directed. At least that way it has a chance to heat the entire underside.