Leaking fitting on 6pt levelup

RB2012

I extended my levelers for the first time since my last trip 6 mos ago and I noticed fluid up near the frame behind the front ODS landing gear, after inspecting the inside front hatch I noticed a nipple that attatches to the manifold that is leaking, I put a wrentch on the locking nut and tried to tighten but it was snug I called lippert they are sending me a new nipple and I hope that fixes it but in the meantime I loosened the nut and the nipple was loose like it could use another 1/4 or 1/2 turn but in order to do that I have to take off the hose. Will there be any pressure on the hose and if so how do I relieve pressure. THANKS CAPT RC

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I extended my levelers for the first time since my last trip 6 mos ago and I noticed fluid up near the frame behind the front ODS landing gear, after inspecting the inside front hatch I noticed a nipple that attatches to the manifold that is leaking, I put a wrentch on the locking nut and tried to tighten but it was snug I called lippert they are sending me a new nipple and I hope that fixes it but in the meantime I loosened the nut and the nipple was loose like it could use another 1/4 or 1/2 turn but in order to do that I have to take off the hose. Will there be any pressure on the hose and if so how do I relieve pressure. THANKS CAPT RC

Is it a nipple for the leveler legs or a slide out? If for the levelers, I would think that attaching the truck and retracting all of the landing legs and stabilizers would relieve the pressure.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The orange hose is for extend and the black is for retract.
If I wanted to do the orange hose, I would retract the landing gear first, then slowly loosen the fitting.
HERE IS A LINK to some useful information.

Peace
Dave

RB2012

Ray
Good Question I don t know if it is for the slides or the levelers I will have to look at it more closely, it is a black hose on the front of the manifold . There are 4 hoses that come out of the front of the manifold 3 are orange and 1 is black and the nipple that the black hose is attatched to is the one that leaks. Capt RC

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Look at the numbers printed on the hoses.
Slide outs are 2200 PSI.
Leveling is 3000 PSI.

Peace
Dave

porthole

Retired
Put it on the truck and be safe.
One way to relieve some pressure in the lines is to retract all the way and then just hit the extend for a second.

If you have valves at the manifold, close them to help minimize fluid loss.

RB2012

Porthole
Thanx , do the slides have to be in, I am thinking about doing this when I get to Fl leaving next week weather is more suitable, i see you are in NJ we have to get together sometime. Capt RC

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Porthole
Thanx , do the slides have to be in, I am thinking about doing this when I get to Fl leaving next week weather is more suitable, i see you are in NJ we have to get together sometime. Capt RC
Actually you can relieve the pressure on the slides by simply turning the selector valves closed. Like porthole mentioned too, operate the slides in one direction then tap the button in the other direction for a second.
Either way you'll get some spillage when you open the system, Just have some rags handy and laying in the tray when you remove the leaking fitting.