Recommended Cyclone Dealers in Dallas/Fort Worth Area

I'm looking to move to the DFW area and full time with a Cyclone 4000 Elite or 4100 King.

Are there any recommended RV sales centers, Cyclone dealers in the area to purchase from?

jimtoo

Hi Mongoose9400,

The Heartland dealer for that area is ExploreUSA. They have 7 or 8 locations in Texas and are very good to work with. You will hear bad things also and I'm sure not everyone is happy with them, but I have been very happy with them.

Jim M

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
My neighbor bought an SOB from Explorer USA in Mesquite (Dallas area) and was pleased with his deal and the PDI.
Good Luck!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
TwoToes bought his Cyclone at ExploreUSA in Mesquite, TX a suburb east of Dallas. He drove in from California.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Bought our Landmark at Explore USA in Mesquite, TX...great deal and the PDI was handled very well...ask for Justin Spence.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
In the DFW area, Only certain lines of HL offered by one dealership family, and others by another. ExploreUSA seems to have the monopoly on Cyclones, where McClain's has Road Warrior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXTiger

As TravelTiger said, I purchased my 2012 Cyclone 4014 from ExploreUSA RV in Mesquite TX outside of Dallas last May. Drove from San Diego, Calif to pick it up. They gave me a good price, better than I could get at home. They didn't have it cleaned and ready for my PDI when I got there but they made good and paid for my hotel and I came back the next day to do the PDI. Very friendly staff. I would recommend them. Mark was my salesman. Brent is the service manager and he is great, tell him I said hello if you talk to him.

Tony

scottyb

I purchased mine through the Denton store, but they had a unit closer to my specs at the Kyle store, so we picked it up there. Everything was done by phone and the transaction was seamless. Trailer was ready, under a canopy, with both AC's working for PDI, since it was about 105 degrees outside. At least I knew it could cool itself.

jimtoo

The PDI is for your benefit. The you should take your time and inspect the trailer from front to back, bottom to top. The unit should be hooked up water and electric. Make sure you can operate everything, stove, fridge, TV's, antena, slides in and out, jacks up and down, hookup to truck, tanks drain and flush commode. The dealer should make any minor adjustments or repairs while you wait. Then I would try to stay on their lot or close by for a day or so to really give it a test. Some folks even take a video camera and record some things.

A very good PDI will take about 3-4 hours. And you should not pay extra for a PDI.

Keep us informed.

Jim M

After my parents first 5th wheel purchase a few moths ago, a DRV Suite, which has had some issues. I've been learning from them and I have now have better ideas of what to look for during a PDI. One of their issues was the 6 point hydraulic system failed while they were away. They Full time in the unit. The front landing gear dropped slowly. Turns out the hydraulic fluid was low from the factory. They had to call the dealer to pick the unit up and fix it before they returned home from their trip.

When we did the PDI on theirs it was more visual and explaining how to use the systems as we are all new to RVs. I'll make sure I have a very thorough PDI. I'd like to catch most errors/problems before I started full timing in the unit.

danemayer

Mongoose,

You might advise your parents that low fluid isn't a good explanation of jacks retracting slowly on their own. When the valves are closed, the fluid is supposed to stay put holding the jacks extended. It seems likely there's a problem with the valves, or a leak at the seals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mongoose,

You might advise your parents that low fluid isn't a good explanation of jacks retracting slowly on their own. When the valves are closed, the fluid is supposed to stay put holding the jacks extended. It seems likely there's a problem with the valves, or a leak at the seals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Supposedly the dealer wasn't able to find anything wrong and kept on eye on it for a few days. My parents kept an eye on it as well. All seems fine, but did finally discovered the hydraulic system was severely low on fluid. After adding fluid to the proper full level everything has been working fine. Who knows? Maybe a one time fluke? But not having enough fluid in the system is a possible answer for the random issue.