What the HECK is the 4200, just bought the 4100 King

I need to know what the 4200 is like. I just bought a 4100 king and need to make sure I won't be regretting waiting. C'mon, just a little info............

oscar

We're all waiting. Apparently there's a patent that needs to be finalized before they release more information.

Meanwhile, I'm close to pulling the trigger on a 4100K as I don't think the 4200 will be discounted any time soon.

scottyb

I need to know what the 4200 is like. I just bought a 4100 king and need to make sure I won't be regretting waiting. C'mon, just a little info............

There will always be a newer model. Last year, the 4100 was the newer model. Next year it may be a 4300???

Meanwhile, I'm close to pulling the trigger on a 4100K as I don't think the 4200 will be discounted any time soon.

The 4100 starting getting discounted close to the other models by mid-summer.

tvswain

I also have a 4100 and just love it. That is after I did a few mods to the entertainment system. I researched for a long time and might know a little bit of information. The maximum square footage for a coach to stay in classification is 410 square feet. The 4100 king is 410 square feet. So anyone thinking of a bigger trailer, dont wait. I forget where i heard, but it might have something to do with the ramp patio being able to elevate to the top of the trailer. Not sur though

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
My dad spoke to his Heartland Rep about the 4200. He wouldn't give him many details about it. The Rep said it is unlike anything else on the market, meaning it is not your typical rearranged floor plan. This trailer will have totally new features that nobody else or HL is using/doing. It's going to be a while before its released.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 3 HD

porthole

Retired
My dad spoke to his Heartland Rep about the 4200. He wouldn't give him many details about it. The Rep said it is unlike anything else on the market, meaning it is not your typical rearranged floor plan. This trailer will have totally new features that nobody else or HL is using/doing. It's going to be a while before its released.

AJ's been saying that for months now

This is from the above link - ought to keep you guessing.

What is claimed is:

1. An actuating mechanism for living quarters having a main living area and a retractable room movable relative to the main living area between a retracted position retracted within the main living area and an extended position extended from the main living area to provide an auxiliary living area, said retractable room movable through an aperture in a side-wall of said living quarters, and an actuating mechanism for moving said retractable room between the extended and retracted positions, said actuating mechanism comprising: a first pair of engagement members fixed relative to said retractable room and moving with said retractable room, each said engagement member having a plurality of slots; a pair of drive members, each drive member having engagement features for engaging a corresponding engagement member, said drive members being driven together to move said retractable room between its retracted and extended positions; said drive members and engagement members being maintained at a constant distance between each other regardless of changes in spacing between said retractable room and said aperture, and said drive members being mounted for lateral movement within an elongate column on said sidewall at said aperture.

The above sounds like a room within a room. There are already trailers doing this with the bedroom slides.

So the new Cyclone has to be something really special.

danemayer

I wonder if the 4200 has anything to do with the new patent for Lippert components new retractable room actuation assembly? http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-...ert+and+components&RS=(lippert+AND+components)

The date on the related patent submission is 2009. Patent submissions are usually done around the time of release to customers. This sounds like an update where something was changed. I noticed on an SOB the other day a new track system that's in use. But even that is not brand new. I think I also saw it last Fall.

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
That is the patent for Lippert's Schwintech slide out system, which for time being we are staying away from (not nearly as reliable as the current Hydraulic slide outs) that we use. Some of our competitors are using this system on their slide outs (you can recognize them by the metal tracks on the on the side of the slide out end walls) they seem to work ok in small wardrobe slide's, but not so reliable on the big mega slides. We will stick with good old hydraulics 2x stronger, much better seal, much faster, and a lot more reliable. We will bring more info out as it becomes available for the 4200 ULTIMATE, sorry for hold up, unforchunetly we ran into a few engineering obstacles, but everything is progressing forward.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
AJJones, Thanks for responding on the slide out system. Looking though the patent information made it sound newer and more interesting than it turns out. It will be interesting to see what the new features are on the 4200 with all the suspense built up around the delay.