Jensen AWM-970 Dead

Speedy

Looks like my Jensen 970 died. Went to power it up to play a movie and no power, no lights nothing. Checked to see if a fuse in the fuse box was blown; no fuse there. Pulled unit out of the cabinet and found a 15A fuse within the cable harness; checked OK and replaced with another fuse nothing. Decided to check for power along the harness: 12 VDC coming from the coach, 12 VDC at both sides of the connector as well as 12 VDC after the fuse.

Options, opinions, or guesses?

wkcox

I just added a 120volt Sony home theater system since I could not play BluRay discs on the Jensen unit. I went to the recent Tampa RV show and all of the campers I looked at had 120volt systems, and some had additional 12volt music systems. The entire home theater unit, including speakers and BluRay player, was less expensive than a 12volt BluRay player.

This might be a good time switch.

Speedy

Thanks Dan, I looked at the guide as I was looking for sequence to troubleshoot while waiting for an email from Jensen/ASA Electronics. I tried all of their suggestions and nothing, and with that Jensen/ASA was done with me.

So I started looking at replacements and the costs are way up there, $370 and higher. That is too much for a system that has a history of issues and failures. I logged onto eBay looking at trucks for my mother-in-law and thought for a jiggle I would see if there were any AWM-970's for sale. Yep, quite a few for parts and several new in a open boxes. Bought one from a outfit in Canada for $125 and it was a 5 minute reinstall.

My next option was going to be placing a want ad on the forum to see if someone had a working unit left-over from a conversion they did. Either way I'm happy we can have movie nights again as well as listen to talk radio while doing dishes.