4100 Awnings with wind sensors?

I forgot to ask if the 4100 King's awnings have wind sensors to automatically retract. I see that they have the LED lighting on them. Thanks.

scottyb

I forgot to ask if the 4100 King's awnings have wind sensors to automatically retract. I see that they have the LED lighting on them. Thanks.

No wind sensors. If they have LED lighting, it would be news to me. Of course, I have barely used mine and never at night.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Never go away and leave your awning unattended.
With an automatic awning it only takes a few seconds to bring it in before you leave.

Peace
Dave

jnbhobe

Why don't you want them? I thought it would be great not to hurry back to the camper if the wind comes up?

I have never heard of them working right, they roll up when they shouldn't and don't when they should. I have a friend with one on a Saffari motorhome that has lost two awnings that didn't roll up when it should have.

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
The awnings do not have the wind sensors, however they are now coming with the LED lights built into the two side door awnings.

thanks,

AJ Jones

Dave's right in what he said.
Two years ago I seen first hand what happens when you leave your awning out.
We were camping for the 4th of July in Michigan's Thumb.
We had been tracking a storm on our computer and got ready for it and warned other people.
I was surprised at the people who did nothing after being told of the storm coming.
Many people had left the campground for the afternoon and left their awning's out.
The storm and wind came up very quickly.
That wind blew at about 60mph.
Later confirmed a Tornado had gone through, even though we didn't see one.
It rained hard and a lot of lighting.
Lost power a few times.
Trees down everywhere.
I helped some people try to get their awnings in, and it was a real job.
There were 2 of us on each arm to hold them down and wait for a little lull in the wind, then hurry up and roll them up.
These weren't electric.
The people who were gone and left their awnings out, the awnings whipped up over their trailers and bend all the arms.
It was really neat to see how the wind caught them and trashed them.
After the storm, we counted 12 awnings that were junk.
I don't know if any vents or skylights were broken, but I would bet some were.
There were a lot of unhappy people when they returned and saw the damage to their rigs.
So watch the weather forecast and put your awning up when you leave and if someone tells you a storm is coming, first put in the awning, then secure the rest of your things

Hockster

====================================================================================================================================

oscar

It was really neat to see how the wind caught them and trashed them.

You are a sick man, you need help...... like me.:angel:

Seriously, watching the weather is every camper's responsibility. With the meteorological data available on every phone we carry there is NO excuse not to be prepared...... But what do I know.