2011 Fuel Station Pump Issues

Sandpirate69

Just recently my fuel pump in the fuel station (Toy Hauler) failed to work. I touched the motor to see if it was working and it was real hot to the touch. It doesn't make any noise. It does make a "click noise" when you turn the switch to ON, but nothing happens, it just starts to get hot. I'm going to take it out and take it appart to see whats going on with it. Also if someone purchased one, what's the cost on the pump? Anyone with any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Ivan

Sandpirate69

I tried tapping it with a small hammer (small) and it didn't budge. It just starts to get hot (motor). It hasn't blown the fuse cause I don't leave it on long enough. Hot motor & gasoline is not a good combination. I just figured I would take it apart and see if its stuck. If it pxxxxs me off, then I'll just have to purchase another one. I'm hoping someone may have bought one or knows how to fix it. Crazy

Sandpirate69

Just an update on my Auxiliary fuel pump woes. I removed the pump and checked out the electrical connections and switch, behind the plate. Everything looked good. I checked the gears to make sure they were not stuck, good there. I decided to remove the motor, whala ! I found one of the magnets broken. I contacted GPI inc., the pump manufacturer. They were very helpful. The pump has a 2 year warranty from date of purchase or when you took ownership of the RV. I fell on the rv ownership date. Emailed them my purchase document and they sent me a new motor & O rings. WOW excellent customer service. I give them 2 thumbs up for standing behind their product.

Hi all, I have an 08 cyclone that I am having pump issues with. Tank is full of gas and pump motors runs but no gas comes out. Generator runs fine. Haven't had chance to remove pump yet and was looking for some advice. What size is the union holding pump? And how hard is it to drain tank and remove from TH? Thanks

jimtoo

Hi mjohnson7633,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Hopefully someone will jump in soon with a suggestion to help out.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Ultra

Anyone else have this same issue as mjohnson? Any feed back? I just purchase same 08 Cyclone and have exact same issue. Gen runs for couple mins and shuts off but main thing is I could smell really bad gas when I try and start gen and also when it try fuel station. I got about half gallon maybe out of my fuel station but it just trickled out and then stopped but motor is still running and sounds fine. Had had just filled it up and put a bunch of stabilizer in to hopefully dilute it. Didn't help, motor runs and nothing comes out. Is there a fuel filter on the station that I can't see or on fuel tank that may be clogged? I am assuming the varnish (gas) has something to do with it but figured it should still come flow. An help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks Ultra.

Sandpirate69

Need to take motor out and inspect the gears that spin in the front. They could have broken or the shaft could be spinning inside the gear mechanism.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

jeffdee

I just got my 2014 Cyclone 3110 6 weeks ago. I filled the tank with 100% NON-ethanol gasoline. I also added stabilizer. I have the single tank, 30 gallons. It also fuels the generator.
I have a question. When I turn on the switch inside the rv to run the fuel pump for the fueling station it keeps running even if I turn the switch off (the switch stays lit while the pump is running). Is it on a timer? I can find nothing in the owners manual describing this function. I was not sure if I had an issue so I turned off the 12 volt master switch to stop the pump.

Thanks for any advice.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
On my 2011 Cyclone the switch inside starts a 15 minute timer that supplies power to the fueling station. The pump itself is turned on at the fueling station.
Hope this helps!

whp4262

Hi all, I have an 08 cyclone that I am having pump issues with. Tank is full of gas and pump motors runs but no gas comes out. Generator runs fine. Haven't had chance to remove pump yet and was looking for some advice. What size is the union holding pump? And how hard is it to drain tank and remove from TH? Thanks

You don't have to drain the tank to remove the pump. As far as the tank I've never tried to drain it but if I remember correctly it's just bolted in.

porthole

Retired
I just got my 2014 Cyclone 3110 6 weeks ago. I filled the tank with 100% NON-ethanol gasoline. I also added stabilizer. I have the single tank, 30 gallons. It also fuels the generator.
I have a question. When I turn on the switch inside the rv to run the fuel pump for the fueling station it keeps running even if I turn the switch off (the switch stays lit while the pump is running). Is it on a timer? I can find nothing in the owners manual describing this function. I was not sure if I had an issue so I turned off the 12 volt master switch to stop the pump.

Thanks for any advice.

Think of your inside timer switch as the "master" and use the switch outside to turn the pump on and off.

Most of the time I try and have the nozzle in my hand and open when I turn on the pump. Otherwise the pressure build up in the hose can give a good splash if you are not careful.

Anyone else have this same issue as mjohnson? Any feed back? I just purchase same 08 Cyclone and have exact same issue. Gen runs for couple mins and shuts off but main thing is I could smell really bad gas when I try and start gen and also when it try fuel station. I got about half gallon maybe out of my fuel station but it just trickled out and then stopped but motor is still running and sounds fine. Had had just filled it up and put a bunch of stabilizer in to hopefully dilute it. Didn't help, motor runs and nothing comes out. Is there a fuel filter on the station that I can't see or on fuel tank that may be clogged? I am assuming the varnish (gas) has something to do with it but figured it should still come flow. An help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks Ultra.

I finally got around a few weeks ago to dropping my tank and finding out what the problem was. the check ball in the nipple coming out of the tank to the pump must not of been opening. I could suck on it and get the ball to open but the pump wasn't getting it done. I removed the ball and spring and reinstalled everything. pump works like a champ now. my best guess is the pump that is equipped on my camper wasn't generating enough suction. I've had no problems running my generator so I didn't mess with the check ball on it. I would suggest you try this method on your cyclone and also remove the plate on the side of pump motor, this will expose the gears and you can inspect/clean them of any varnish from old gas or ethanol.

DABAUDMAN

Guys am new to this Forum I own a 2011 3612Cyclone HD Edition Toy Hauler am thinking timer is not working on Fuel Station is there a way to bypass timer any help on this would be appreciated

Bud

danemayer

Guys am new to this Forum I own a 2011 3612Cyclone HD Edition Toy Hauler am thinking timer is not working on Fuel Station is there a way to bypass timer any help on this would be appreciated

Bud
Hi DABAUDMAN,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. I'm sure another owner will have advice for you shortly.

DABAUDMAN

Bud

Jut passing info on after taking Motor off found Brush was hung up open. freed same. Also Bypassed Timer which was only allowing 6 Volts