Considering purchasing a Cyclone 2812, so advice please.

davida

My intial questions involve understanding some option quotes from a dealer. What exactly do these options entail that the base Cyclone 2812 does not have ?
Correct Track Align System $***.00
Cyclone Package
$*,***.00
Canadian Artic Package
$***.00
Thanks in advance
all the best.

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

Re: Cpnsidering purchasing a Cyclone 2812, so advice please.

Hi davida,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly people who are always quick to offer help when you need it.

I think some of the pricing confusion is due to the use of "forced options" where the dealer has to order the option, but the price is not part of the base price for that model. I believe this is a marketing device to keep the base price competitive with other companies doing the same thing.

The Cyclone Package is probably an example of a "forced option". Our Landmark quote included a Landmark Package but I don't recall the content.

According to the Heartland website, Correct Track Alignment is standard, recently added to many of the Heartland brands. I don't know why there would be an extra charge for it.

I'm pretty sure the Artic Package is the same as what has previously been called the Yeti Package, which includes 110V tank heating pads, 12V heat tape on the main water line, and additional insulation (well worth it if there's any chance of using the trailer in cold weather). This has always been an option at additional cost.

When we ordered our Landmark, none of this made any real difference to the price quoted. We decided what we wanted and the dealer gave us a price. Many of the items were listed on the quote with a price of $0. The bottom-line price was what counted.

If you would like more specific info on the Cyclone Package, I'd suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032. Identify yourself as a prospective customer and ask to speak with the Cyclone Brand Manager.