------------------------------
  • Number of sites held: 20
  • Site fee: $$35.00 per night.
  • Club Member Event fee: $0.00
  • Non-Club Member fee: $20.00
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 6/15/2013
  • Potluck time: 6:00

Well not really a potluck, instead we will be going to an Amish home for supper.

• Event Leader: mrcomer(click to contact)

Additional Info:
A $25.00 deposit is required. They DO NOT take credit card so your deposit will need to be in form of a check sent to them via snail mail. Also, please hold off sending in your deposit till after April 1st per the management request at Scenic Hills.

All sites are full hookup, there are no bathrooms or shower houses but there is a laundry room. Rates for camping are for 30 amp or 50 amp sites. It is first come first serve so please get your reservations in as soon as you can. We were able to get all the sites close together and they will hold them until May 22nd after that the remaining un-reserved sites will go back open to the public. I allotted 20 sites, of those (15) are 50 amp and (5) are 30 amp. Some are back-ins and some are pull thrus. If you have a preference, please call ahead and ask them for these specific sites and note that on your deposit check.

Last edited:

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I just talked with the campground and they now know we are holding a Rally at their place. I have updated the information above including a request to hold deposits till April 1st. The owners are out of the country and Nina is the only one there a couple days of the week. Their nightly rates did increase due to sewer service increasing 300+ percent for them. Regardless it is still a pretty good deal to have a full hookup site for $35.00 per night.

Mark

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Hoping to attend. Have some health issues with my wife that makes planning things any length out an issue. Hoping to make the May 22nd deadline.

gschaaf

Hi Mark we will be attending your rally along with Ed Hickman out of Mass. We will be arriving on 6/13 and leaving on 6/16 heading to Goshen. Looking foward to meeting all of you. See ya soon.

Glenn and Fran Schaaf

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
See you there. Arriving Friday 6/14 Departing Sunday 6/16. Site #44.

Can't wait!!!!

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Check sent (CG said $30, not $25). Planning on arriving on the 14th, leave on the 16th then head to Goshen.

Connie and I are looking forward to meeting everyone.

mrcomer

I talked with the campground today. We have (8) units including us registered. They still have (11) campsites available if anyone else is interested otherwise as time goes on they will relinquish those for others not in the Heartland group as they need.

I also got the phone numbers for a couple of other families that will cook authentic Amish meals in their home for groups like ours. I will be making those calls soon to see which one we will tryout Saturday evening.

Mark

porthole

Retired
Was really looking forward to making your rally Mark, but I had already reserved-paid for that week before you posted the dates.

cjhicks

Mark, Just talked to Campground and we will be arriving on the 14th and leaving with the group heading to Goshen on the 16th

mrcomer

Good news, I just talked with Lizzy Yoder. We will be dining at her home Saturday Evening at 5:30. It is about a 15-20 minute drive from the campground and I am still hungry from reviewing the menu with her. Coffee, water, iced tea, lemonade, roast beef, ham, mashed potatos, green beans, tossed salad, homemade bread, noodles, hoho cake, apple pie.

MrsJWalker

Good news, I just talked with Lizzy Yoder. We will be dining at her home Saturday Evening at 5:30. It is about a 15-20 minute drive from the campground and I am still hungry from reviewing the menu with her. Coffee, water, iced tea, lemonade, roast beef, ham, mashed potatos, green beans, tossed salad, homemade bread, noodles, hoho cake, apple pie.
Really looking forward to this new dining experience. Also anxious to show Madison that people really CAN survive without all these electronics.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Anyone coming in from the east. Looking for the best route. Doesn't need to be the fastest. Have 2 girls that suffer from motion sickness.

Jamie

gschaaf

Sitting here at the cg with Ed and Pat from Mass. listening to the thunder roll by. See everybody soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.