Mission Tires

sgtbigb

Have anyone heard who is the manufacture of Mission Tires. My 3400RE came with ST235/80R/16E. Cannot find anything on the internet about the maker of these tires. Yes they are made in China, but there must be a distributor in the US.

jpmorgan37

sgtbigb;

Tredit in IN. (800) 537-2925 currently supplies several brands of tires to the RV industry, Mission, Good Year, Task Master, and Tireco. If you do a search, you can find a lot of information here in the forum on Mission tires.

John

sharmulst

sgtbigb
We returned our tires to TireCo, Inc. in Compton, CA (phone 1-800-937-9433). In preparation for our trip to the rally the end of May, my husband found a crack in a groove and a bulge on a tire. Luckily we found it before we got on the road. JP Morgan of this forum gave us the name of this company. Contacted them and they picked up the tires on 6/20/07. So far no settlement of our claim but they say it has not been denied, so just waiting. They get a phone call every Friday to find out the status of the claim.
We now have BF Goodrich Commercial T/A LT235/85R16 on our BH 3500RL.
We did have just over 12,000 miles on our Mission tires.

jimtoo

I also have joined the Mission Tire failure club. A person flagged me down at a stop light and told me it looked like I had a tire going bad and he was right. My 3055 is 10 months old and less than 6000 miles total, including delivery from factory, and the door side rear tire threw the rubber off. It still has 80# air, just about 1/3 the tread is left. Luckily not to much damage to trailer, but a little.

Has anyone had any luck getting your money back for repairs and replacement tires yet? I'm pretty sure I will be going with Michelin's now.

jpmorgan37

jimtoo;

Go back up and read post #2. Contact Tredit and see if they will give you some guidance. Don't dispose of the damaged tire until you get an authorization to do so, or a settlement on replacement tires.

John

jimtoo

After talking to the representative from Tireco, I have received by email claim forms for replacing the Mission Tires. The rep was very nice and said they would pay for the damages to trailer. Looks like I just have to jump through their hoops. At least he got me off the phone and has left me with good feelings about their service. We will see what happens, as only time will tell.

But as of yesterday afternoon I am the proud owner of 4 Michelin LT235-85R16E XPS Rib tires.

sgtbigb

Well after some research and looking at other Forums, I found these tires are also OEM on the Montana and Nu Wa 5rv. Probability a lot more models too. I do not feel by myself now---a little more peace of mind.:rolleyes:

cjbearden

Visitor
2 missions down and that's enough

Gateway Tires in Shreveport, LA is currently changing out our 5 Mission Tires to Goodyear, G rateds. We had a bubble on DS rear tire, found as we were fortunately stopped in Gould, AR of all out of the way places. God was watching over us as a local guy arrived in 10 min. and changed out tires very quickly. Got us to Bilox, MS and back up to Shreveport before we noticed DS front tire with bubble. That was it - off to the tire shop and buy new tires. Expense is worth the safety factor!!

Gateway told us Mission was out of business. I can understand why if it is true.

Travel safe and have fun!

sgtbigb

Well I have 180 miles on my mission tires and have not noyice any thing out of the ordinary:) But I thought mission tires is out of businessw, probaly just change thier name:D

sharmulst

We changed out our Mission tires just before the rally in Elkhart this year. When getting the trailer ready, noticed a crack in the groove of 1 tire that was about 12" long and then a bubble on the other. Had had no problems with the tires up to this point. We contacted a distributor in Calif about possible warranty. The tires had about 12,000 miles on them. The tires were picked up the 20th of June and we are still waiting a refund for which they said has been approved. I am in contact weekly with them. Maybe we will have a resolution soon. The company is Tireco Inc. at 300 Artesia Blvd, Compton, CA, 1-800-937-9433 or CLAIMS@TIRECO.COM.
We put LT 235/80/R16 BF Goodrich. The spec. placard calls for the LT tires.

cjbearden

Visitor
Additional info on our situation

Gateway dealer in Shreveport, LA just couldn't find tires under Mission so thanks for the info that it is Tireco. We left our five bad tires with the dealer and we are back home in AR so guess we will eat any possible refund that might have been given. Good luck sharmulst on getting resolution for yourselves.

Gateway told us that the Missions we had on our BH 3400 were only rated for 5,000 lbs per axle. We have 7,000 lb axles!!!! Duh! The new Goodyear tires are rated for 8,000 lbs and can be inflated to 110 lbs whereas the Missions could not be. What a wonderful change in ride pulling the trailer from Shreveport, LA back to Benton, AR. Our new tires also have 14 treads that the Missions certainly did not have. The new tires don't get hot like the Missions did either. As the tires were being changed, we learned all the others were developing cracks and bubbles also. Even the 'new' spare tire had developed a crack in the tire wall. E rated tires are not sufficient to carry the load of a 3400.

Another interesting tidbit. Had we even wanted to put the spare on with its steel rim, we could not have because it requires a special set of lugnuts we did not have!!!!! There should have been a set of lugnuts for the spare included with the trailer and there were NOT! Any thoughts from the factory on this oversight? Gateway had dozens of steel rims - all with cracks and many were removed from Nu-Wa trailers as well as other brands. Aluminum rims is the way to go and should be consistent for the spare as well.

randes

We just returned from a 4 month trip to Alaska which included a lot of rough gravel roads. Counting the 1250 miles we put on the tires when we picked up our 2008, 3055RL at Lakeshore RV in Michigan, and the trip to Alaska, we have a little over 13,600 miles on our tires and no problems so far.

We did have a fair amount of trouble with our Pressure Pro Tire Monitoring System, but after several calls to the factory, and a lot of great service from them, the system seems to be working like it is supposed to. One of the problems was that twice, the tire sensor allowed air to leak out of the tire. But the system did signal that the tire was low. The second time it happened, we had to drive several miles before we could find a place to pull over and check. To be safe, we put the spare tire on until we could check out the road tire. (Turned out it was OK) The spare was mounted on a steel rim, but we had no difficulty in using the lug nuts that came with the Aluminum rims as was reported by jdwigley.

We have one of those IR thermometers and we never found the tires to be excessively hot when we checked their temperature. We ran 80 lbs (cold temp) on the trailer, and the most they increased while on the highway was about 20 - 25 lbs. About 150 miles from our house, we had the whole rig weighed. The 3055 has a GVWR of 14,000 lbs. We were at 13870 lbs according to the scale. So it was not like we had a low weight trailer.

The first thing we did after getting our trailer home from the dealer was to get all the tires balanced. Then while we were on our trip to Alaska, we rotated the trailer tires as well as our truck tires. It appeared that the back tires were wearing a little more then the front tires, but that is probably due to them being “dragged” during sharp turns.

All in all, we have had good service from them. However, if we get 20,000 mile on them before needing new ones, I‘ll be surprised. But they are “OEM” tires and I never expect to much out of an OEM tire.

Just my 2 cents

jpmorgan37

Roy and Sarah;
Wow, that must have been a fantastic trip. I've been wondering about you since you left and how it was going. Glad you're back and that it was trouble free. Now I hope that you can post some pictures.

John

nifti

First time up for me, so don't know if I'm doing this correctly.
We have bought a new 3400RL from Hartland RV in Elkhart Indiana, but wont be picking it up until May when the weather warms up!!!!We're from New Zealand.
Our 3400RL has LT235/85R16 G rated tires made by Goldway.
Has anyone heard of these-good or bad.

Getting a 2008 F350 Shortbed Dually Crewcab to pull it. Whats the advantage of having a 4.1--1 diff ratio?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
The Goldway tires are like most others being made in China. You have a leg up though for whatever reason in that you have "G" tires on a 14,400# GVWR coach. They usually put g's on the 16,000# coaches. They should hopefully do fine. Keep an eye on pressures as with any other tire. As for the 4:10 gears, you will have a little bit higher cruising RPM as compared to 3:73's but a minimal sacrifice of fuel mileage. Your engine won't be working as hard. By the way, welcome to the forum and congrats on your 3400.