Pull out Pantry Rack

Westwind

Got a question? This is the beginning of our second snowbird season in our 2012 3070RL and I loaded up the pantry rack with stuff after grocery shopping and as I'm doing it I was wishing it would pull out more.
It pulls out less then half way and it's really difficult to get things out of the back of each basket, I put the most frequently used things up front but it's still difficult.

I'm asking if it's suppose to come out further then it does? Maybe it's getting caught on something? Wonder if yours comes out further?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Don't know how the 3070 rack is configured, but in our 3670, it comes all the way out.

View attachment 22955

After looking at your floorplan, I don't know where your pull-out pantry is!!

Last edited:

Westwind

Hi John, thanks for the picture, my pantry rack is in a narrow cabinet between the door and the corner television cabinet. It's also not the same brand rack that you have. Yours does pull out all the way, mine doesn't come out half way compared to yours. On mine the basket's are removable. I'll have to take a picture and post it so you can see what I mean. What I need to do is unload it, take the baskets off and try fiddling with it.

JohnDar

Hi John, thanks for the picture, my pantry rack is in a narrow cabinet between the door and the corner television cabinet. It's also not the same brand rack that you have. Yours does pull out all the way, mine doesn't come out half way compared to yours. On mine the basket's are removable. I'll have to take a picture and post it so you can see what I mean. What I need to do is unload it, take the baskets off and try fiddling with it.

I'd be interested in seeing how your's is put together. But, if you have the open wire baskets, similar to mine, consider putting a "bottom" on them to help items stand upright and keep smaller ones from falling through. I used sections of 1/8" hardboard with small wooden cleats screwed to them to keep them in place. The photo is looking up at one of them.

View attachment 22974

Gizzy

Our pantry comes out all the way and has adjustable baskets. Just a word of warning. Be sure to check it EACH time before you travel. Forgot to check ours once and it must not have been latched good because it pushed the door open and was hanging down. Discovered there was only a couple of screws holding to to the thin plywood floor in the cabinet. I did some reinforcing and now check it EVERY time.

Westwind

Jerry - it sounds like you have the same one we have, the baskets are removable and adjustable with holes on the frame. 've always thought somethings was wrong with it so I do need to empty it and check it out. It's like the tracks won't allow it to come all the way out, it gets stuck. It doesn't look like the one in the picture that John posted.

Gizzy

I bet you will find it "fixable". Look closely at how it is attached and decide if you need to reinforce to it while you have it empty.

Westwind

Well I emptied it this morning and took the baskets off to allow my fat hands and fingers inside. I also took pictures this morning and I want to post them. 2013 Florida - East Coast 010.jpg2013 Florida - East Coast 011.jpg

I detached the brackets that hold the frame to the top of the frame, the brackets are also used to adjust/expand the frame so that the holes line up and you can insert the baskets. By doing that I have freed up the two drawer type tracks to operate independently of each other. Once I did that the bottom track and the attached frame pulled all the way out. The top track stops and it appears that it is the one that was preventing the track from extending fully.
Shining a flashlight on the upper track it appears to me that in the bearing track there is a piece of metal that is prevent the track from extending. I think I'm going to have to call the factory and question them.
But if any of you folks have this basket and it extends fully please let me know and also let me know what year/model trailer you have. That might help solve this mystery.2013 Florida - East Coast 001.jpg2013 Florida - East Coast 003.jpg2013 Florida - East Coast 004.jpg

JohnDar

It's hard to tell from the photo, but is there a release tab on the end of the top slide that needs to be activated to get full extension? Kinda like a safety catch. Just guessing at this end.

Gizzy

Just checked ours and from the photos you posted it looks to me that the inner track is not extending. (The track within a track). Might look closer at it.

Westwind

Well it's fixed -
After taking the whole thing apart and removing the top track, reattaching one of the wooden block supports that holds the front bracket that secures the rack assembly to the cabinet trying to figure out why the darn track wouldn't extend - I gave up - and put the whole thing back together. Then just to make me use some words, under my breath that I can't type here. The top rack wouldn't go in enough to shut the door. "Light bulb"! As I'm looking at it I can see that the metal track is on the wrong side of a plastic stop at the end of the track, once I forced it back in place - The rack now extends fully. If you look at picture 4 of 5 you will see the black plastic stop at the end, once I moved the innter track beyond that stop = MIRACLE!
Sucked up the morning - now I'm going outside and sit in the sun - what I need is a glass of wine.

PS - Yes the lock works - now to remember it. Thanks everyone for your Help! You can always count on this forum.

Last edited:
I have a 96 dutchmen class C. It has a slide-out pantry that is in bad shape. I would like to replace it. Either something pre-built/kit, or build my own. I've found many pictures of them, but can't seem to find them for sale or know what the sliders are called to search for so I can build my own. Most of the photos I find of RVs for sale that came with them.
https://kuicksy.com/product-category/grocery/pantry/
Thanks for any help!

david-steph2018

I have a 96 dutchmen class C. It has a slide-out pantry that is in bad shape. I would like to replace it. Either something pre-built/kit, or build my own. I've found many pictures of them, but can't seem to find them for sale or know what the sliders are called to search for so I can build my own. Most of the photos I find of RVs for sale that came with them.
https://kuicksy.com/product-category/grocery/pantry/
Thanks for any help!
Are you talking about the drawer slides, that allow the shelves to slide in/out? If so, these can be purchased at a store like Lowe's or Home Depot.
We bout a sliding basket setup at Bed, Bath & Beyond for holding items and placed it under the sink.

wdk450

As far as remembering to latch the pantry on pre departure, do you use customizable RV arrival and departure checklists app? Do some websearching. I move every 3 weeks and have been doing this for about 4 years now. These checklists have helped save me a few times.