Delivery Dates

doxiecouple

I have been unsuccessful in getting my dealer (Camping World) to provide me a good delivery date. I orders a Landmark San Antonio in November. The last update I had was that it went on the line January 14. I checked again with them on January 22 for a projected delivery date and here, six days later, no response. I have never experienced this much difficulty in getting relevant information in over 40 years of similar purchases. Does Heartland know, or is Camping World stonewalling me? Who can I contact at Heartland to get an answer?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I think that a 'normal' deliver time is around 8 weeks from order. Full body paint job will add some time.
If you are getting nowhere with Camping World, I suggest a call to Heartland. Ask for the Landmark sales team.
They may be able to give you some information.
Normally a VIN is needed, but it doesn't seem like you have one yet. It don't hurt to give a call.
Heartland Customer Service
877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030

doxiecouple

Very interesting post from you. When I was initially told that January 14 was the online date (which is when I would assume a VIN is assigned), my salesperson told me delivery was "projected" at the end of the month with a possible weather related delay due to paint issue. Sounded too quick for me so I checked again later and that is where I am now. In my job, I have inspected two Major manufacturers of RV's and Motorhomes, both upscale. They have a detailed set of steps with dates for each step, including delivery. I suspect Heartland also has a similar process. Your eight week schedule sounds much more realistic to me ! I have a suspicion that they plan to get mine in, use it for the Camping Show here THEN tell me it is here. I do intend to contact Heartland directly tomorrow. Thanks for the information and feedback.

doxiecouple

I had to contact Heartland to find a VIN and delivery date. Once I contacted them, I had the answer (s) in less than one hour. As expected Heartland let the dealer, Camping World know of my inquiry. The next day, of course I heard from Camping World ! Lesson learned...deal with family owned dealers other than the large "box" stores. After three other fifth wheels, and one Class A, I have never experienced this difficulty getting information that was so ready at hand to them. Thanks Heartland/Landmark.