cyclone 3800 garage tv

sanbullet

just pick up a 2012 3800 was just wondering were I can mount a tv in the garage really no wall space were the power and cable is thxs for any help or pics

danemayer

Hi sanbullet,

Congratulations on your new Cyclone and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

I'm not familiar with the Cyclone layout, but I'm sure another Cyclone owner will chime in shortly with advice.

srgt30

Interested to hear what others have done. Been thinking about adding one to my unit but just havent done it yet. My thought was to get something like a Morryde flip-up mount and mount it using bolts into the loft bed area. Would probably have to use a piece of plywood in the loft to secure it.

porthole

Retired
Look online at your model. Where you see the factory optioned TV is where the plywood backer is in the wall.

srgt30

I could be wrong but I dont believe that pic is of a 3800. It looks nothing like my 2013 and there is no way the bunks would clear with those cabinets there. Also my connections are on the garage loft ceiling on the left side of the rig. Since Porthole has chimed in I would like his opinion, or any of the other guys that do a lot of mods, on my idea of bolting the mount through the garage ceiling into the loft and reinforcing it with a square of plywood.

porthole

Retired
I could be wrong but I dont believe that pic is of a 3800. It looks nothing like my 2013 and there is no way the bunks would clear with those cabinets there. Also my connections are on the garage loft ceiling on the left side of the rig. Since Porthole has chimed in I would like his opinion, or any of the other guys that do a lot of mods, on my idea of bolting the mount through the garage ceiling into the loft and reinforcing it with a square of plywood.

Are you saying you can get to the top of the loft from the bunk?
Does it sound solid?

Hard to find members here, but here is here is the link for AJ From Heartland. He is the Cyclone "inside" expert and will be able to give you the exact location for your model.

//heartlandowners.org/member.php/12058-AJJONES

srgt30

I will send a message to AJ, thanks. To clear up my thoughts I would drill through the garage ceiling into the bottom of the loft where I had mounted a piece of ply. i figured this would allow me the support to install the mount. I'm sure AJ will have the answer.

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
Sorry for late response, the older 3800's with the queen loft has the backer underneath the loft on the off door side. The nes 3800's has the backer placed in between the two cabinet doors on the back side of the loft.