Picking up a new Key Largo

We're accepting delivery of a new Key Largo in April. The dealer will have us spend 2 nights at a local RV park to get familiar with the unit. Does anyone have any recommendations of what we should plan to pack to stay on the unit for these two first days to test he systems, etc? Thanks!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on your new Key Largo -what a great coach. As far as what to pack - anything goes. Best advice is to have the dealer go thru every button, switch, anything that goes off/on, open every door, etc, etc, etc. Take your time, take notes and enjoy. Glad the dealer is letting you have a couple nights to feel your way around your new home. Enjoy and travel safely.

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
We did the same. We packed like we were going to a cabin. Linens, towels, etc. Everything you need for personal hygiene. We brought an ice chest with drinks and sandwich fixings. Ate breakfast and dinner out. No pots and pans. Paper plates and paper towel.

Good luck, and congrats. Time to have fun. Take your good old time at your walk through. Ask questions and take notes.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
The file is too big to upload without the zip. If you PM me your email, I can email it to you.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Perfect timing. Thanks. I know I have these links on my home computer, but not with me. Seeing as how we are picking up our new 2013 San Antonio some time next month, I was going to ask for someone to forward the link for PDIs. Now I've got it. Thanks much. Our problem is, we are in Florida so we have to move everything out of our "old" Pinehurst and into the "new" San Antonio, trying to find a place for everything. Could prove to be interesting.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Keith we just did this when we picked up our 2013 Bighorn 3685. We took turns boxing things and moving it to the new unit. We had a great transfer and it took about four hours at a slow pace as the outside temp was 14 degrees with a wind chill of 9. With the Florida warmth it should be much less painful. Good luck and congrats!
Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Perfect timing. Thanks. I know I have these links on my home computer, but not with me. Seeing as how we are picking up our new 2013 San Antonio some time next month, I was going to ask for someone to forward the link for PDIs. Now I've got it. Thanks much. Our problem is, we are in Florida so we have to move everything out of our "old" Pinehurst and into the "new" San Antonio, trying to find a place for everything. Could prove to be interesting.

Congratulations! But now you'll have to get the truck repainted. :angel:

jbeletti

Keith and Carol - congrats on the San Antonio, apparently on order. I had not heard this was a done deal. Great!

There are 2 shelves above the W/D - I stored all my small electrics on those shelves in their original boxes. I added buckle straps across the front of each shelve so I could strap my boxes back. On top of the dryer, I put a sheet of that grippy shelf liner material. Then on top of that, I placed one of those trays you'd use to take stuff from the house to the picnic table. One that has 1" high sides. In that tray, we place a couple of plastic shoe box containers. In those containers, we placed all our laundry soaps and supplies.

Just a couple of tip son getting the most out of the space.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Thanks Debbie. I know it will be a whole lot easier in this 80 degree weather down here, but I really didn't want to sit in the Camping World parking lot going between trailers. My problem is figuring out where to put the stuff from the Pinehurst that I don't need in the San Antonio - like my little portable computer table. I'm gonna have to cram it somewhere until we get home...in April

I know I gotta get the truck redone Gus...just have to wait until I actually get the new rig so I can figure out a new paint scheme for the truck. For Goodness Sakes, DON'T tell Carol I gonna get the truck redone...she might say things, like, "you don't need to do that" or "we can't afford it" or other silly stuff like that.

Keith and Carol - congrats on the San Antonio, apparently on order. I had not heard this was a done deal. Great!

There are 2 shelves above the W/D - I stored all my small electrics on those shelves in their original boxes. I added buckle straps across the front of each shelve so I could strap my boxes back. On top of the dryer, I put a sheet of that grippy shelf liner material. Then on top of that, I placed one of those trays you'd use to take stuff from the house to the picnic table. One that has 1" high sides. In that tray, we place a couple of plastic shoe box containers. In those containers, we placed all our laundry soaps and supplies.

Just a couple of tip son getting the most out of the space.

Jim, with your help we started the process in Tampa and then finalized it the following week in Ft. Myers with Ron Dickersons help. Thanks bunches!!

I really like the idea of the small appliances on those two shelfs in the W/D closet. I also really like your suggestion of keeping them in the original cartons. Just wait till I tell Carol, you said I had to go buy all new appliances so I can have the cartons to store them in.:rolleyes::D

Carol does not want the washer & dryer preferring to get everything done at a laundramat in a couple of hours, so that space is for my golf clubs, my extra cases of beer, my....oh I'll think of something to go in there. I really will put the buckle staps across the shelfs as you suggest. Good idea..Thanks.

Can't wait for delivery. I'm like a kid in a candy store.