Would you buy it again?

Buckeye

Hello all you Elkridge Owners, We looked at a 2013 Elkridge Fifth wheel yesterday and may end up purchasing it today. My question is simple- Would you buy an Elkridge Rv again ? Why or why not?

B

bwwalczak

Every year they get better!!! We would love to build you an ElkRidge.

ElkRidge is all about having the right floorplans!!

dfk009

If you like the interior trim, and floorplan, go for it! We don't regret what we purchased, and very pleased with it. They tow GREAT, and have had many compliments on it. Besides, it fit the pocketbook.

Buckeye

The 34 TSRE is the same one we are going to purchase. We liked the floorplan and it had a king size bed- our big dog thinks she has to sleep with us. My truck is a chevy 2500Hd and the tow limit is 12000 lbs so I should be able to handle the Elkridge.

sengli

Our first fifth wheel was an elkridge, we we bought as a left over, at great price. We really enjoyed ours, so much we ended up trading in on a new big horn, this last year. The elkridge is a nice size and price point. Granted there are alot of coaches to choose from, but we thought the heartland products were out fitted inside and out.... better than the competitors in the same price range.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
We have had our Elkridge for 2 years and love it. We have had very few issues and all were handled by our dealer promptly. We would definitely buy one again but plan on using our current one for many years.

ihsolutions

Buckeye,

Not sure what configuration of the 2500HD you have, and also importantly, if you have the diesel engine. I had a 2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD (Diesel) and pulled my 2011 Big Horn for nearly two years and still under all posted limits except GVWR of the truck, which I was over by about 250lbs.

You should be fine with the Elkridge, but you will be close (but unlikely over) the truck's limits.

ucwinters

Have had our's for a year and 3 mos and very pleased w/ the bang for the buck that we got. Tows great. When doing your PDI, be sure to climb up the ladder and look at the roof. Our's was put on in a very sloppy fashion - bubbles and ridges everywhere. Response from the factory when pics were sent was that it "was normal".

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
The 34 TSRE is the same one we are going to purchase. We liked the floorplan and it had a king size bed- our big dog thinks she has to sleep with us. My truck is a chevy 2500Hd and the tow limit is 12000 lbs so I should be able to handle the Elkridge.

I'd be a little concerned that 2500 may not be enough. Our ElkRidge loaded (for 2 adults, no kids or pets), with empty tanks, weighed in at 13425, 10225 on the axles and 3200 pin weight, at Gillette. Our model, the 34QSRL, had a dry weight of 11070. We were loaded for a month-long trip, but not even close to "stuffed to the gills".

Would I buy an ElkRidge again? Floorplan has been great. Rig was priced right. Had a NorthTrail, and we looked at all the ElkRidge's competitors. Nothing could come close. We are glad we stayed in the Heartland family. But our next rig will be a Bighorn or Landmark, because when that time comes, we will want more "full-timer" features... Dual panel windows. Fireplace. Heat-pumps. Bigger tanks. Yeti package. Larger fridge. 6pt level-up. Full or partial paint. Slide toppers. Electric cord reel. (Of course the upgrades cost $$$, and more things to maintain. ;)

I think the ElkRidge is a great choice for the price point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Owenfamily

Yes I would buy another Elkridge. As Byran said they get better each year. Remember you can always add things later when you have the extra money or time. There will always be something bigger and better each year. I call it bait and hook to get you to trade and always be upside down.

David

Buckeye

Thanks for all the replies and help. We put our deposit down on a new 2013 Elkridge this morning. Next step will be to join the HOC and hit the road the end of next month. Thanks again to all of you!

dfk009

Murph,
Glad you pulled the trigger on the new coach. We feel that you will not be disappointed with your purchase. Have enjoyed the PM's with you, and hope they help. Wish you the best of luck, and safe travel with the new rig! Have a long and healthy retirement. As proud new parents, hope you post a picture of your new "baby".
God Bless, Don & Carol

Buckeye

Thanks, Now all I have to do is pay for it- I guess we could always sell the house and park it in my kids' driveway. Thanks again for all your help- I will post some pictures after we take delivery. I have already ordered the air bags for my pick-up. One of the main reasons we decided to buy Heartland was all the positive feedback from the people on this forum. Ps.- You really don't have 8 wonderdogs do you Don ?

dfk009

Yip, we are back to 8 dogs with this new pup. We have a 80#, 30#, and 6 chihuahuas. They all love to travel, and sleep while driving. Afraid we will loose about 3 in the next few years due to age. There will be no more due to our ages by then. Like so many on this forum, they are our love, and treat them as such.

Buckeye

Wow,the most we ever had was three- two retrievers and a Black & tan Chihuahua. We now have two- a thirteen year old Beagle and a three year old Large Munsterlander. We had vowed after our Chessie had to be put down three years ago not to ever put ourselves thru that again but that only lasted a few months before we gave in. I wish more campgrounds would have fenced in areas where dogs could run free. Take care, Murph

Wmnmy

Welcome buckeye , you will get great feedback and a lot of information with this forum plus great friends as a added bonus lol...