Warranty Experience So Far

Status
Not open for further replies.

orlstgo

Good afternoon Friends:

Currently I am having the worst experience related to some warranty work being done with my Camper and I wanted to hear if anyone in the Owers Forum had something similar and how they were able to address their situation.

In my case, the camper has to be transported to Indiana for repair ( there are some thread posted in this forum), but before that, I had to deal with a lot of misinformation, miscommunication between the dealership and Heartland when the warranty process started at the dealership few months before.

The day I dropped off the camper, the dealership never gave me a receipt nor nothing that the unit was left there. I took with me a copy of the email I got from Heartland that the unit was scheduled for pick up that week and the only warranty document that they included in the camper was that copy of the email I got.

Few weeks after I emailed Heartland to check if the unit made fine to Indiana, and he told me that it should be in the Holding Yard and once that the repairs are completed someone at Heartland will contact me back.

My problem with that was ( and this is probably part of bad information from the dealership) that Heartland will call me to let me know exactly what the problem is. The dealership was saying that the issue was caused by a leak, but Heartland said to me that it was something different.

I little over a month I emailed the tech back to check if he has any news about my camper, I wanted to know if there was any progress, but I did not hear anything back. The I call the dealership to check with them, but they said that this is with me and Heartland.

I became so angry and frustrated because here I am paying for a unit that I cannot enjoy, I know nothing about it for the last two months and it seems that noone is willing to help me.

I did wrote few letter explaining and complaining about my experience and how everything was handled so far, I did send it via email both to the dealership and the president at Heartlant and Eric at customer service. Right I still have no news about any progress for the camper; maybe it has not been started. I don't know where this unit is going to be delivered. I will be leaving town soon and I feel unsease because I am afraid that I have to pick up my camper when I am away.

Is there someone that any of you might know that I can call and speak about this?

This my sound stupid but this experience is starting to affect my health and what I mentioned here is just a brief summary of what I went through.

Can someone help me?

Peace and thanks

Orlando

DuaneG

Take a breath and try to relax. We have had a lot of problems with our unit and agree that many things could have been done differently.

We still have an electrical issue, that the dealer and heartland are trying to figure out, but all of the other problems have been fixed.

I vented on many posts at the beginning and believe me it felt good. The truth is that RV's do not have the same quality control as other vehicles and many parts are of poor quality and all manufactures use the same ones.

There are many that have not had the same problems as us, but they tend to be quiet. Its the ones that keep having problems that usually make a stink. When others post problems and solutions it helps the rest of us learn.

There is a great bunch of rv owners on this site and they will do everything in there power to help when they can. And when they can't they will suggest staying in contact with heartland as much as possible. Sometimes you may have to talk to a supervisor to start getting answers.

They really do want you to be a happy owner. There are so many worse problems in the world. Don't let your health be affected by this. It will resolve even if it is not as fast as you would like.

Sent from my cell phone. Please forgive typos and spelling errors.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Forget the emails. Pick up the phone.
Try to get in touch with Erik. If he is not available ask for someone else.
If that fails, they have a boss. Ask for him.
You need to stay calm and explain that you are in limbo and no one is giving you any information about your rig.
I know this is frustration, but you need to be persistent in making contact with Heartland. Your dealer should be the one giving you information, but it looks like they are dropping the ball.
Let us know when you hear something about your rig.
Peace
Dave

danemayer

Hi Orlando,

Dave's correct. The best way to find out what's going on is to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032. Have your VIN # ready. They should be able to tell you exactly what's going on and when you'll get your rig back.

wrgrs50s

Orlando, I know your pain through my own experience. I went thru this in October, however the dealership did require me to sign an affidavit allowing the transporter and Heartland permission to take my rig to Indiana. After that, all of my communication was with Eric. I did find delays in returning my calls but usually would get a return call within a day or so.
Keep calling Eric and let him know that you are very dissapointed in the progress. Dont let it ruin your health, it is not worth it. I'm a worry wart myself and it's discouraging, but eventually all will be calm again.

If you have already read this post previously, you will notice that I have edited out my negative comments of the events that occurred with my rig. I felt that they were of no real value to you, and in fact would probably cause you to worry over events that may not occur in your situation.

Hang in there!

Last edited:

RoadJunkie

It sounds like you would benefit from finding someone at Heartland who will take ownership of your problem. I would actually ask them if they will take ownership of solving your communications issues. Then interact and maintain close bidirectional communications with that single point of contact. If a person takes that responsibility they are more likely to have a personal commitment to solving your problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

jbeletti

Hi all,

The customer has been contacted by Heartland Customer Service and all is under control and being handled. As such, I am closing this thread to replies.

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.