5.1 Entertainment System?

waldo238

I will be picking up my new 2013 Cyclone 3010 in a couple weeks and only recall seeing a spot for a removable face radio, surely this is not the entertainment system is it? Standard features says it has one but dont remember seeing it. My Montana had one just dont know where it is or maybe it is not in yet?, I noticed they had not put the tv in yet when we viewd the unit.

danemayer

Re: 5.1

Hi Waldo238,

Congratulations on your new Cyclone and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. You'll find a lot of helpful information here along with a great bunch of friendly people.

I don't know exactly what your Cyclone entertainment system looks like, but I've noticed that many of the new systems are pretty compact. Other Cyclone owners can probably give you a more specific answer about what you can expect.

scottyb

I will be picking up my new 2013 Cyclone 3010 in a couple weeks and only recall seeing a spot for a removable face radio, surely this is not the entertainment system is it? Standard features says it has one but dont remember seeing it. My Montana had one just dont know where it is or maybe it is not in yet?, I noticed they had not put the tv in yet when we viewd the unit.

I can't speak for the 3010, but mine has a removable face radio/cd in the garage and a dvd surround system conected to the tv in the main cabin. My dvd is over the microwave but I understand the have since relocated it.

Vtxkid

We have the 2011 Cyclone 3010 and yes the radio with the removable face plate is the main sound system in the main area and garage for these units... A bluray dvd player can be added easy enough under the TV. Would recommend a 2.1 or 5.1 sound bar if you feel the need to have a better system. Compact but yet effective. I am in the process now of installing a HR-24 dvr by Directv in the next couple of weeks myself. Going to have to be creative.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

waldo238

Kind of a shame when I paid this much for it and you get a car radio, guess I should have looked a little harder at that part.

dave10a

My trailer had a second rate system, Genesis 3.0, that was advertised in Heartland's stuff that it was "surround sound". Unfortunately, what Heartland calls surround sound and what Dolby calls surround sound are entirely two different things. I ended up tossing the Genesis and installed a real surround sound system by Bose. My truck also has a real surround sound that was factory installed and the upgrade cost was not as much as Heartland nailed me. I am sure I paid dearly between what Heartland installed and my real surround sound system but the sound is worth it. I Highly recommend that when one orders an upgrade that they demand a detailed list as to what it really consists of. I don't think Heartland has audiophiles in their employ-- so buyer be ware :)

TXTiger

I have a 2012 Cyclone 4014. It came with a Jensen combo AM/FM/CD/DVD player with a removable face plate. It plays thru 4speakers in the ceiling. Not really surround sound just multiple speakers. It also can play thru speakers in the garage or (not at the same time) outside speakers in the slide out. The television audio was not hooked up to the Jensen but I did connect it via the aux jack and it now plays thru the Jensen. I have been told that no combo units exist yet in blu-ray but am not sure?

waldo238

I am use to my Montana which had a full surround system, being I paid more for this trailer seems a no brainer it should come with a true surround system. I will have to see what it sounds like and if I have to change it out.

danemayer

I have to laugh a little.

Most people's hearing starts to lose key frequencies at about age 40. By the time we get to our late 50s, most have significant hearing loss in the upper mid-range. In a noisy restaurant, we can barely carry on a conversation because we can't hear what the people around us are saying. The thing DW and I say to each other most frequently used to be "I Love You." Now it's "What?"

But when we get to our travel trailer living rooms, we still rock out to the Rolling Stones (or maybe Peggy Lee) and want the best 5.1 surround sound that money can buy.

And our vision is so good that DVDs don't cut it any longer. We must have BluRay.

Ok I admit it. I connected the TV to the surround sound not to get better sound quality. I just need it to be louder!

But maybe I'm the only old coot who's going deaf and blind, and maybe a little dumb. :p

Vtxkid

Heartland is installing true surround sound systems in some of their Big Horns, etc... the Cyclone which is Heartlands higher classed toy hauler should also have the option...imo

waldo238

Heartland is installing true surround sound systems in some of their Big Horns, etc... the Cyclone which is Heartlands higher classed toy hauler should also have the option...imo

Thanks for the info, I was wondering in the Toy Hauler line where they started in the line up from top to bottom. What part of VA are you from?

dave10a

I guess Big Horn is higher classed than Land Mark by getting a "true Surround sound sytem"

Vtxkid

Thanks for the info, I was wondering in the Toy Hauler line where they started in the line up from top to bottom. What part of VA are you from?
Line up from top down is Cyclone/ Road Warrior/ Torque. Were located in the Virginia Beach area down towards the Ocean front...

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
I know some 2013 Big Horns have it. Sounds like your 2012 Landmark doesn't.

We have a true 5.1 surround in our BH 3585RL, but unlike the Landmarks, we do not have a separate sound system in the bedroom. The speakers in our bedroom and outside all run off of the main receiver in the livingroom.