Finally got our 2008 Mount Rushmore Suite delivered Monday

G_Hage

Photos are just after our fiver was delivered and leveled up. Awning isn't out yet. Our car and our toter parked in front. Yes, I have to admit our toter is almost as big as the RV!!! [Toter = 35' long, Fiver = 38' long]

Attachments

• Delivery day 1.jpg
    Delivery day 1.jpg
    491.6 KB · Views: 221
  • Delivery day 2.jpg
    Delivery day 2.jpg
    591 KB · Views: 194

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Looks good. Toter aint bad either.
I see you have a JT Strongarm stabilizer system in front. That should help with your shaking. You did tighten the lock bolts, right?

Peace
Dave

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
G_Hage, Just in case you need the info, the stabilizer bars on the front are great devices to help eliminate the "shakes" in the trailer while set up. Make it a point to remember to loosen the lock bolts before raising the landing gear and snug them once the legs are fully retracted. When arriving at a new site, remember to loosen them before lowering the legs. Once level, tighten the lock bolts then tap the landing gear switch for a second or two to put a little stress on the stabilizers. This last measure helps as a final lock for the moving parts at each end of the stabilizers.

Vtxkid

G_Hage,
Nice loooong setup there... curious, does your hitch work for both 5ers and standard commercial trailers or are you required to switch them out?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

G_Hage

G_Hage,
Nice loooong setup there... curious, does your hitch work for both 5ers and standard commercial trailers or are you required to switch them out?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

We will be installing an 18K minimum articulating hitch on the rear portion of the tractor's frame (behind the commercial us fifth wheel since this is still a working truck used in our business. I will have the cradles or hitch stands modified to fit the Kenworth frame rails to create the correct pin height, and allow for the hitch to be easily removed so as to not be in conflict with the commercial fifth wheel while its in use.

Hoping to find a good used hitch that can be cut up and modified rather than having to pay for a complete new hitch assembly.